***CoinOPS reignite OFFICAL FORUM ***

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone ive been away for a while does any of these CoinOps have full speed mortal kombat games like ultimate mk 3 etc etc?

Nope, none.

My suggestion is: PCSX with Mortal Kombat Trilogy. It's a bit slow on the loadings, but it's great fun to have such a huge roster of characters.

Edited by Rariv

hi everyone ive been away for a while does any of these CoinOps have full speed mortal kombat games like ultimate mk 3 etc etc?

Nope, none.

My suggestion is: PCSX with Mortal Kombat Trilogy. It's a bit slow on the loadings, but it's great fun to have such a huge roster of characters.

now this is what i call a umkt hack for the genesis that is but still bloody good.

back on topic.

finally iq 132 heres a game suggestion..

bombs away

info

TEST MODE:

Hold Start1 + Start2 on boot to enter test mode.

WIP:

0.127u4: Jaleco 'Bombs Away' improvements [aDG4W+qp0]. Added game to the Psychic 5 driver. Changed region user1 to proms and palettesize to 768 colors.

0.123u2: Added 'CoinA' dipswitch.

0.106u6: David Haywood and Andrew Gardner added Bombs Away (Jaleco 1988).

19th March 2006: Andrew Gardner - After (finally) submitting my Psychic 5 blend chip changes, Reip pointed me to another game running on similar hardware to Argus, Valtric, and Butasan. It's called Bombs Away, and it looks to be a quaint 194x-style shooter. I've decoded most of the graphics, found a few bits of the palette, and have the text layer drawing quite nicely. No idea where the tilemaps are, nor the sprites - and the thing reboots after running for a few seconds, but there are still tons of other things to try so stuff may begin to look better.

7th April 2005: Guru - Bombs Away (Jaleco 1988) arrived, purchased from two private sellers by Randy.

22nd February 2005: Dumping Project - Randy finalized an agreement to purchase from a Swedish seller Jaleco's 'Bombs Away' (1987).

That's on the same hardware as Asura Blade. It runs too slow in MAME. I'd suggest giving FBA-xxx a try if you want to play those games.

Nope, none.

now this is what i call a umkt hack for the genesis that is but still bloody good.

back on topic.

finally iq 132 heres a game suggestion..

bombs away

info

TEST MODE:

Hold Start1 + Start2 on boot to enter test mode.

WIP:

0.127u4: Jaleco 'Bombs Away' improvements [aDG4W+qp0]. Added game to the Psychic 5 driver. Changed region user1 to proms and palettesize to 768 colors.

0.123u2: Added 'CoinA' dipswitch.

0.106u6: David Haywood and Andrew Gardner added Bombs Away (Jaleco 1988).

19th March 2006: Andrew Gardner - After (finally) submitting my Psychic 5 blend chip changes, Reip pointed me to another game running on similar hardware to Argus, Valtric, and Butasan. It's called Bombs Away, and it looks to be a quaint 194x-style shooter. I've decoded most of the graphics, found a few bits of the palette, and have the text layer drawing quite nicely. No idea where the tilemaps are, nor the sprites - and the thing reboots after running for a few seconds, but there are still tons of other things to try so stuff may begin to look better.

7th April 2005: Guru - Bombs Away (Jaleco 1988) arrived, purchased from two private sellers by Randy.

22nd February 2005: Dumping Project - Randy finalized an agreement to purchase from a Swedish seller Jaleco's 'Bombs Away' (1987).

GAME( 1988, bombsa,	0,		bombsa,   bombsa,   0, ROT270, "Jaleco", "Bombs Away", GAME_NOT_WORKING )

That kind of rules it out for me.

Its a interesting hack, but I still prefer, and recommend, MK Trilogy.

Not only does it look a bit better, but it sounds a LOT better.

Back on topic:

BP, what's the font you used for the CoinOPS logo?

I'll try to make a skin for myself, just like yours, but with the font in red instead of blue, because my arcade cabinet is in black and red.

Heavy Smash is removed as it was there for trial but I never siad it worked ever dont know how you are guessing that its ment to.

I think that's because Heavy Smash rom is contained in the "R3 showcase update" rar. BTW thanks for your hard work and dedication!

Yes it's the point. Is it playable in the R2 version?

nope.

Thanks, that's a pity. Anyway 1.000.000 OF THANKS to BritneysPAIRS for her job!

Heavy Smash is removed as it was there for trial but I never siad it worked ever dont know how you are guessing that its ment to.

I think that's because Heavy Smash rom is contained in the "R3 showcase update" rar. BTW thanks for your hard work and dedication!

Yes it's the point. Is it playable in the R2 version?

nope.

Thanks, that's a pity. Anyway 1.000.000 OF THANKS to BritneysPAIRS for her job!

His. BP is a dude. lol