***CoinOPS reignite OFFICAL FORUM ***

BritneysPAIRS

Fixed Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder. I have little doubt this this is going to be unplayably slow as it is. I'll likely need to make a few changes/hacks.

*edit*

Underclocked the v20/25 cpu quite a bit. Doesn't seem to affect anything, and the speed improved quite a bit.

"Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder" Thats fantastic, I always wanted that game to run without any glitches in coinops, I hope iq_132 you sort it, and get it running full speed :) Myself being a huge Golden Axe fan this is good news.

Keep up the great work.

Excellent news!

Always wanted to try this game, hope you can make it playable it would make an excellent addition to what is an excellent emulator!

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so can anyone think of any other games to add to coinops because i cant think of anything else..

Found some anothers :)

World Rally - Galeco 1993

Good fun racing game

0002x.png

Asura Blade - Sword of Dynasty © 1998 Fuuki.

(Not 100% sure about this one, is it in coinops already?)

ashura.png

Hi,

I've added a couple clones to Showcase R3 : Vendetta 2 players (vendet2p) and Sunset Riders 2 players (ssrdrebd) because the original roms included in Showcase don't allow to select the character while the 2 players versions do (isn't it fun to play as the Mexican guy in Sunset Riders? :)) .

Anyway, I edited the catver.ini file to list them in the correct categories and rescanned all games.

Now clones and originals appear in the correct categories but there's no way of telling them apart.

My only options now are :

- remove the original roms from Coinops, FTP the original roms back (else the clones don't work) and NOT rescan the games, so I only keep the 2 players versions in the list.

- create a special category for these games or leave them in "Added Game" by default (not great)

IMO other nice options to differentiate them would be :

- show additional info in the game information overlay (2 players, 4 players, etc)

- "Remove this game" doesn't actually delete the game from HD but only removes the rom from the list

- or simply add the 2 players versions in the DATS

What do you think BP?

cheers

kpone

Run and Gun the greatest b-ball game ever! It works you just have to remap the sevice button to your controller and reset the game at the boot up screen. or it will keep giving you a bad eeprom error. I have a 128mb xbox and it runs at about 35-40 frames and on my 64mb xbox it go down to about 15-30 range. If you under clock the cpu1 to about 50% its a little better. Think you can tweak this one to make it run at full speed. thanks in advance BP great work with this emulator.

Edited by stryder

Loving the R3 update so far but some of the new games games (Night Slashers Blood, Turkey/Deer Hunting, Wing Shooting Championship) are giving me 'not enough memory' errors. Are these only intended to work on Xbox's with 128mb of ram, or do the settings just need to be adjusted to get them to work?

to answer some of these questions

@chrisw80 i just tried gigawing and it works fine,it must be your rom,i suggest you download another one.you are probably missing files or else your not leaving it for long enough to boot up.

@norkusa turn on the VMM in the advanced settings,change from automatic to manual.

@mirsad those 2 games are already in coinops try them and see,ashura blade can be a bit slow at times but if you turn off sound it plays great.

the follow up ashura buster is not though.

Just made a few test with R3. Very impressive! Here are a couple of bugs/requests for the next builds:

- Can't take ingame screenshots (when I press back+A+B nothing happens).

- Atomic Robokid: at the end of the first level the screen scrolls vertically until Atomic Robokid reaches the space. Here you can see a profile of the earth with some tiles around the profile which are white when they should be black (I'd put a screenshot to better show what I mean, but I couldn't take in game screenshots...). In the second level too some part of the background which should be black are white.

- Heavy Smash: emulator hangs at the end of rom loading ("Please Wait..." screen forever).

- Raiden Fighters 2: emulator hangs at the end of rom loading ("Please Wait..." screen forever).

- B.Rap Boys: sprite/background priority problems (e.g. during first level characters appears over the cafe walls even when they are inside the cafe).

- Street Fighter Alpha 3: game starts in free play mode. I tried to remap keys to access to service mode and change the game configuration, but when I press the key I mapped to "Service" nothing happens. I tried restarting the game and even the emulator after remapping keys, but SFA3 just won't enter service mode.

- Alien Storm: more a driver request then a bug. Is it possible to add "Alien Storm (set 4, World, 2 Players, FD1094 317-0154)" which is the parent mame set as of now? The Alien Storm bootleg which works in reignite has lots of glitches (e.g. missing background during first FPS level) and doesn't let you choose character at the start of the game.

Not sure about Heavy smash it works on my pc build.

B.Rap boys is a known problem. Mame 0.84 doesn't support the needed function to backport the newest graphics code.

FD1094 and FD1089 games don't work in MAME 0.84. So Alien Storm is unlikley. :S

Fixed Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder. I have little doubt this this is going to be unplayably slow as it is. I'll likely need to make a few changes/hacks.

*edit*

Underclocked the v20/25 cpu quite a bit. Doesn't seem to affect anything, and the speed improved quite a bit.

"Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder" Thats fantastic, I always wanted that game to run without any glitches in coinops, I hope iq_132 you sort it, and get it running full speed :o Myself being a huge Golden Axe fan this is good news.

Keep up the great work.

It runs quite a bit better, not perfect by any means, but pretty good. The speed should be similiar to other system32 games.

Stun Runner?

Not a chance. lol

Powerdrift?

Probably not.

so can anyone think of any other games to add to coinops because i cant think of anything else..

Found some anothers :)

World Rally - Galeco 1993

Good fun racing game

Asura Blade - Sword of Dynasty © 1998 Fuuki.

(Not 100% sure about this one, is it in coinops already?)

Asura Blade is already in, but it runs like shit.

World Rally needs a cpu core added, I'm not terribly motivated to port a core for a single game. :S

Giga Wing won't load. Otherwise, real awesome.

This works fine for me too. Takes about 5 seconds to load up, so make sure you wait long enough like fumanchu says.

I'm still having problems getting Battle Toads to load for some reason. The status bar reaches the end at the load screen but it just hangs there. I tried using another btoads rom from my .084 full set but that didn't work either. Weird. :)

@kpone concerning your problem with 2 and 4 player roms heres what to do.

unrar the 4 player rom and then unrar the 2 player rom.put the files to both unrared roms into one folder and name it the sam name as the 2 player game.then compress it into a zip file and then you will hav 1 rom which is the 2 player version.