***CoinOPS reignite OFFICAL FORUM ***

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the reason for the screensaver being stretched it to stop burning lines if you have vertical shooter videos on only..... if I get 2 more votes for this I will add some code to make the vertical games in screensaver mode aspect corrected....I also though about adding in the game info overlay so you could see what it was as an option. Right now this stuff is in the background of my thoughts, screensavers arnt that important are they...But it is a new screensaver engine so its in its early days. I want people to come over to video support first and not screensaver support.

I will look at correcting the bug for the picture taking folder today...should be fixed to put it into screenshot on R3

screensaver doesn lock up for me and its been on for 100s and 100s of hours....

gunnail sound is now emulated but inperfect please read maws about rom status.... (should I autodisable it again?)

PS Redcap man just getting videos you are going to see some issues with roms as well ;) and it will look messy but its up to you

Hey BP, finished getting the showcase ignite tonite, just installed onto xbox and what can i say . . . . .

Awesome Work My Friend ;)

Cant beleive how much it's moved on.

Looking forward to R3

Big Big thanks for keeping this alive

jaggzy

leave the sound in on gunnail bp,i prefer to have sound than no sound at all.

also 4 game suggestions for iq 132

Denjin makai-prequel to guardians.

info

TODO:

Protecttion

Bugs:

[possible] Palette Ram format correct, but color offset wrong? Source (ID 02433)

WIP:

25th May 2008: David Haywood - I've been working on improving Denjin Makai recently, but that one hardly uses the COPX-02 protection (only for the score calculation between rounds and some timer countdowns) so the improvements seen in that in the last couple of releases don't reflect progress on the protection emulation.

0.125: David Haywood added extra tile banking and layer enable for Denjin Makai.

0.124u5: Added dipswitches 'Coin A', 'Coin B' and 'Unknown'.

0.124u3: Guru added good Denjin Makai gfx2 rom ($0).

0.124u2: Fixed gfx1/2 rom loading. Added 15x 'Unknown' dipswitches.

0.111u4: Changed visible area to 320x256 and fixed gfx2 rom loading.

0.79: Guru added Denjin Makai (Banpresto 1993).

15th January 2004: Guru - Denjin-Makai (Banpresto 1994, on Legionairre hardware) arrived from Japan.

Thunder heroes

info

0.111u4: Added 'Free Play' dipswitch.

0.111u3: Guru added Thunder Heroes (Primetek Investments 2001).

25th September 2006: Guru - Thunder Heroes arrived a few days ago from Japan with the latest PCB shipment. Thanks to Dyq and BNathan for the funds used to purchase most of the Mahjong games

Fantasy zone 2

info 0.74u2 [David Haywood, Charles Macdonald, Stephane Humbert, Mike Beaver]

0.37b16 [David Haywood, Charles Macdonald, Stephane Humbert, Mike Beaver]

NOTE:

It is ESSENTIAL we find a Fantasy Zone 2 board in working condition AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, the batteries on these are dying at an ever increasing rate.

WIP:

0.113u3: David Haywood replaced old Sega System E driver with new one based on HazeMD. Nicola Salmoria added proper MC8123 decryption code and MC-8123B 317-0057.key to Fantasy Zone 2 - Game now playable. Changed clock speed of the 2x SN76496 to 3579540 Hz. Fixed cpu1 rom loading and added dipswitches 'Coin A/B', 'Demo Sounds', 'Lives', 'Timer', 'Difficulty' and 'Unused'.

15th March 2007: David Haywood - Nicola found a weakness in the way Sega generated their keys for the M8123 which made decrypting Fantasy Zone 2 and Opa Opa much easier than anybody had expected. Both games (running on the System E arcade platform) work fine with the SMS emulation from HazeMD. I need to port this over to MAME so that they work properly in MAME too. Aaron should be thanked too for noticing that the FD1094 keys were generated by a Psuedo-Random number generator rather than actually being Random, this was also found to apply to the MC8123 and was the basis of Nicola's work.

14th March 2007: R. Belmont - Nicola has fully cracked the Sega MC8123 encrypted CPU. This means, among other things, that games like Opa Opa and Fantasy Zone 2 now run. MAMEdev was afraid those games might be lost forever, since no working examples were known, but now they'll be back to life.

0.100u4: Fixed rom names.

0.74u2: Added Fantasy Zone 2 (Sega 1988).

- 0.37b16: David Haywood added Fantasy Zone 2 (Testdriver). TODO: Game is decrypted, looks tricky.

Opa Opa the tears of Opa Opa

WIP:

0.113u3: Nicola Salmoria added proper MC8123 decryption code and MC-8123B 317-0042.key to 'Opa Opa' - Game now playable. Changed clock speed of the 2x SN76496 to 3579540 Hz. Added dipswitches 'Coin A/B', 'Demo Sounds', 'Lives', 'Bonus Live', 'Difficulty' and 'Unused'. David Haywood replaced old Sega System E driver with new one based on HazeMD.

15th March 2007: David Haywood - Nicola found a weakness in the way Sega generated their keys for the M8123 which made decrypting Fantasy Zone 2 and Opa Opa much easier than anybody had expected. Both games (running on the System E arcade platform) work fine with the SMS emulation from HazeMD. I need to port this over to MAME so that they work properly in MAME too. Aaron should be thanked too for noticing that the FD1094 keys were generated by a Psuedo-Random number generator rather than actually being Random, this was also found to apply to the MC8123 and was the basis of Nicola's work.

14th March 2007: R. Belmont - Nicola has fully cracked the Sega MC8123 encrypted CPU. This means, among other things, that games like Opa Opa and Fantasy Zone 2 now run. MAMEdev was afraid those games might be lost forever, since no working examples were known, but now they'll be back to life.

0.101u2: Changed user1 to cpu1 roms.

0.74u2: Added Opa Opa (Sega 1987).

- 0.37b16: David Haywood added Opa Opa (Testdriver). TODO: Game is decrypted, looks tricky.

thanks.

Not working. :s

Thunder heroes

That'll take about 2 minutes. lol I'll take care of it.

Fantasy zone 2

Opa Opa

Maybe. I will take a look.

Not working. :s

Thunder heroes

That'll take about 2 minutes. lol I'll take care of it.

Fantasy zone 2

Opa Opa

Maybe. I will take a look.

thanks as always.

Aright, I found the screenshots thats perfect, thankyou. The weekend is coming and I'll do a full install of the whole torrent since I've had the whole thing for days now plus my extra roms. The slow loading issue could be my harddrive since I've had this particular hdd running over two years, who knows.

My issue with the videos in the correct aspect ratio aren't with the screensaver, per se. Its with the video playing in the games list GUI. The screensaver is nice but really I'm too busy browsing and playing games for that to be an issue. The one or two times I let the screensaver go for over 30 mins I never had any problems or glitches.

I made my own screenshots of the recently added games so no packs needed! Love the help tho guys, I'm having a great time.