***CoinOPS reignite OFFICAL FORUM ***

BritneysPAIRS

Would it be possible to get Super Chase working at a good speed? :)

Probably not. It uses a 68EC020 (which is already slow in MAME) and 2 68000 cpus. On top of that it can use a lot of funky graphics stuff. This all translates into "slow as shit" lol

Thanks anyway iq_132... :D

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh awesome! iv got a 1ghz 128mb xbox (talk to trusty on xbox scene, I would definately reccomend one of these to anyone, they run cpx3 at fullspeed and more!) so maybe i'll be alrite with sound too? :)

im not meaning to be rude or anything but cpx3 is built to run on a normal xbox with A 733mhz processor and 64mb of ram,it already runs at full speed on a normal xbox apart from when you perform a super then there is a slight pause as it uses a swap folder as far as i recall but there isnt a drop in speed.

you do get a drop in speed if you select the pal50 option as its biult to run at 60hz.

Yeah I know, Im just the sort of person who spots those little pauses :D and red earth definately didn't play with perfect sound before.

I imagine there is quite a variation in performance on cpx3 anyway, since alot of people have upgraded harddrives (the stock xbox one has only 5400rpm and 2mb cache) and cpx3 relys on virtual memory doesnt it? certainly the huge ones people have should have 7200rpm and 16mb cache (I want one :) )

yeah your right about red earth but its the zooming in and out that causes the slowdown,even with sound turned off you just know that it isnt playing at full speed but its small price to pay for getting streetifhgter 3third strike at full speed,third strike still beats streetfighter 4 hands down.

i seriously need to upgrade to a 120gig hdd,im still on a 30gb hdd at the moment.

yeah im waiting on my 320gb drive (16mb cache, 7200rpm and only £30 off ebay!!), im stuck with an 80gb that I bought as broken, even tho it works haha, I expect it'l die soon..

oh and does this work?

demonfront_a.png

demon front

i dont think that has been emulated in mame yet in fact im sure it hasnt,iq 132 can answer that question better than me though.

yeah im waiting on my 320gb drive (16mb cache, 7200rpm and only £30 off ebay!!), im stuck with an 80gb that I bought as broken, even tho it works haha, I expect it'l die soon..

oh and does this work?

demonfront_a.png

demon front

Nope. Not a chance. Not emulated in PC mame at all, uses an arm7 cpu with the 68k making it slow as shit if it were emulated, pgm, so slow anyway.

orite, sorry I'll look into that stuff more before askin next time :)

I've just been like a kid in a sweetshop looking at all the videos of games on youtube :D

No need to apologize. Though in the future, I'd suggest checking Maws. http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/

I don't know if Coinops does lightgun games, but I went ahead and added Deer Hunter, Turkey Hunter, Wing Shooting Championship, and Trophy Hunting - Bear & Moose.

ttfn.

I don't know if Coinops does lightgun games, but I went ahead and added Deer Hunter, Turkey Hunter, Wing Shooting Championship, and Trophy Hunting - Bear & Moose.

ttfn.

yeah there was lightgun code added a while back from mameox 0.843b,i havent tried a lightgun game in a long time,cheers for more new games. :)

----------------------- R3 Build -----------------------

Night Slashers (***Now Playable with no sound***) iq_132 you are the man

Night Slashers (Japan) with blood and gore (***Now Playable with no sound***) iq_132 you are the man

Boogie Wings (***Now Fixed***) iq_132 you are the man

Fighters History (Now Playable)

Skull Fang (***Now Playable with no sound***) iq_132 you are the man

Deer Hunting (Now Playable)

Turkey Hunting (Now Playable)

Wing Shooting Championship (Now Playable)

Trophy Hunting - Bear & Moose (Now Playable)

Hoops 96 (Now Playable)

Dunk Dream 95 (Now Playable)

Avengers In Galactic Storm (Now Playable)

updated CoinOPS R3 build and redid the front post so you can see when stuff is added