Photoshop CS5 Is going to be insane

Shibathedog

If I have to read a book to use it, it's too complicated.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a release date? I'm still on CS3. I was gonna update to CS4 but maybe I'll just wait.

I heard they are getting pretty nuts about DRM, so be prepared for that. I'm still on CS2 and before that I was on 7 :mellow:

You don't HAVE to read a book to use it, it's just an easy way of learning some of the more advanced features. Plus sometimes they show you cool little tricks where you wouldn't even think to use the suggested tool in that given situation.

That's worse though. When you pirate it they strip the DRM. When you buy it you have it installed. Even if I wanted to pay all that money I would still install a pirated version after buying.

Plus I heard with photoshop its even crazier than SecuROM, It supposedly modifies your MBR and some other crazy stuff.

Another good reason to stick to my good old PSP 7.

I wish the DRM were a little less invasive, but it honestly doesn't bother me. It functions properly, doesn't prevent my use of the software I purchased and doesn't hinder my computer in any other way. The data that is written to the MBR is simply the activation status and it's written to this area so that other applications can't interfere with it and it can't be easily duplicated.