Photoshop CS5 Is going to be insane

Shibathedog

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woooooowwwww. That is amazing. I want it.

wait, it's going to be that easy to remove someone from a picture and put them in another one? New levels of LULz are going to be had!

I'm really impressed with how far Adobe has taken Photoshop over the years. I switched from Paint Shop Pro (when it used to be owned by JASC) to Photoshop around 7.0 and virtually every upgrade along the way has been worthwhile. I have to admit though, I would like to see some other editors step up their game and give Adobe some competition. For a while, it looked like JASC might have a true Photoshop competitor on their hands with Paint Shop Pro but then Corel bought them and ruined it like everything else they touch.

Paint Shop Pro 9 is surprisingly decent and can do much of the same things Protoshop and Illustrator can, although some specific tasks force you to do tings in a much more complicated manner than you would in Photoshop or Illustrator.

I still use Paint Shop Pro 7. Photoshop is too complicated for my brain. I've recently tried GIMP but when it comes down to it, I like my old Paint Shop.

PSP 7 was actually the last version I used as well. I liked it a lot, but it lacks a lot of the advanced features of Photoshop and I think that Photoshop's UI has a more optimal layout. If I'm not mistaken, the first version of Paint Shop Pro that Corel released was 10.0. They really didn't do much to improve it and they added some invasive DRM.

Which is partly why I'm sticking to PSP 9 and it's updates.

Definately a good reason. I'm not sure if you've considered moving into Photoshop or not, but one resource I would strongly recommend if you are would be Adobe's Classroom in a Book on the topic. Although it's mostly geared towards photograhy, it does a great job going over the basics of Photoshop and was a huge help for me to make the switch.