Super Street Fighter IV (Official Thread)

Wizard

Turtling can't be helped as advanced gameplay always generally leans towards it.

Which seems like the complete opposite for games like Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, BlazBlue (unless you use Nu, or your char has a bad match up VS Nu, or you use Tager amirite.gif) or any of the recent KOF games at intermediate to high level play. Granted, the keep-away play style didn't really come apparent in SF4 until it came out on console. Now when SSF4 comes out, everyone will figure out the tools to defeat the once "exclusive" console characters (so random fyi if I end up playing someone here, choose any console character and your probably gonna roll me because I don't know shit about them).

It too depends on preference and not everyone will always be offensive or defensive all the time but those titles like GG or MvC are purely offensive in nature. And you don't have to just sit back and defend all the time to play like a turtle, it depends on who you're using.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main problem is because of the air mechanics.

Mvc, high jump - u can throw all da fireballs u want i can jump from one screen to another in one go. also I could block in the air as well.

Not sure about guilty gear but that made spammers and turtles really weak because I come right on top of you, while blocking and I can counter that first attack you make while in turtle mode.

SFIV, KOF and all those3d fighting games dont have that quaility so jumping over fireballs leaves u up for a upper or a super. ALso what sf shoulda had was roll, but ehh, anyway with packagedeal players like the shotos, they can fireball crazy and turtle and then when u get close surprise u with high priority, ARMOR breaking upper and thus we have all the kens coming along wooping people who r slightly better but just dont know how to deal with them.

I've learned not to hate on turtling... just dont confuse that with direct skill..

ANd i can flip the coin around,

they made those blocking breaking attacks for a reason, also u have grabs, but Im done cuz i wanna play sf4 now.

Dude i just got this for PC its nuked though and crashes on me.

Im trying to hunt down a 360 pad (better than nothing) to play it properly, fireballs and shit with a keyboard suck.

Dude i just got this for PC its nuked though and crashes on me.

Im trying to hunt down a 360 pad (better than nothing) to play it properly, fireballs and shit with a keyboard suck.

A 360 pad isnt enough to play it proper. If you don't use joysticks youll need a decent dpad and 360's suck. Id rather use a SNES controller. But this is better than 360 Dpad, and cheaper. I bought two for my fighting game roms and Super Metroid Redesign.

Logitech Gamepad

$10.00 or 6.31 Pounds

Hopefully you can get these easily over there/

Cheers Grim thats a nice budget option for me it wont hurt my giro too much. Its go a d pad like the snes, snes pads still rock!!!

Inky - I'm liking that too - sadly 25 quid is currently out of my price range untill my benefits are properly sorted out - But I hope to get a job soon.

Cheers guys.