after XBOX Sources

BritneysPAIRS

Don't even bother then, The N64 emulator BARELY works. That emulator is like taking everything that was achieved in N64 emulation in the last 10 years and throwing it right in the garbage.

No offense to the emu author, It is just really old and based on even older emulators. I had it on my xbox for a long time but I ended up deleting it because it requires so much screwing around to get games to work, and very very few of them do anyway.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't even bother then, The N64 emulator BARELY works. That emulator is like taking everything that was achieved in N64 emulation in the last 10 years and throwing it right in the garbage.

No offense to the emu author, It is just really old and based on even older emulators. I had it on my xbox for a long time but I ended up deleting it because it requires so much screwing around to get games to work, and very very few of them do anyway.

actually i would say the ebst version of the surreal emulator is the original v1.0 as their is none of those plugins to mess around with and i find a lot more games actually play better on it,especially goldeneye.

super mario world

super mario kart

goldeneye

super smash brothers

sin and punishment

ocarina of time

paper mario

these all play great on the surreall emu.

really bp you could just use an earlier version of the surreall sourccode if you are just planning on launching cerain games which i am assuming will be the more popular titles.

BP, you should - really - ask madmab about the source because he has corrected a lot of nasty bugs in snes9xbox (not released yet):

such as a lot of gui problems (bad in game screenshot position, text viewer problems, video support, dual preview/video support, synopsis support, help screen, config preview, filter bug, background/video/in game music adjust, etc...)

Or perheaps i have misunderstood and you want snes emulation in coinOps?

Has Madmab fixed Snes9xbox so that it works without horrible sound stuttering? All the UI fixes are nice but if it still doesn't play the games properly like Zsnes and xSnes9x, then there's certainly no point in putting it in CoinOps. Zsnesxbox is probably the best to use. It works the best and already has all the video support and stuff.

xSnes9x is very good, in fact I currently use it, but there are some games that don't play properly on it, like Earthworm Jim 2. Sound's all stuttery in that one no matter what sound options you alter.