So, I'm having a problem with a friend

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her parents are terrible, too. ha, that's the main reason she's messed up. Her dad yells at her all the time, and tells her she is the reason everything is going wrong, and her mother loves Erica's baby, but not Erica. It's real messed up in that house, and she's the only one that can protect her baby from them. Her father has "beaten" her up before. He's pushed her into a wall and bruised up her arm, and one time her dad was yelling at her and holding the baby, while he was yelling he was shaking Sebastien. It freaked Erica out, and she was like, "give me my son, stop yelling you're scaring him!" And he wouldn't. I'm so scared of what's going to happen to her, and the baby. I told her that she should come up here to Alabama when she gets the chance. It's cheaper here, and the people are just nicer here as well. Not to mention the school system down there in that area is terrible. The drop out rate for my old high school is RIDICULOUS. Altamonte Springs Florida is going down the drain, that place gets worse daily. I want her to move up here so badly. She says she will though in 2 years after she finishes school. I hope to God she will. She needs to leave all those bad people behind, and surround herself with a new, good crowd of people.

I agree with almost everyone here, it's difficult to lose a really good friend, trust me i know, i've lost dozens because i just didnt want to be with the bad crowd, but the decision you've made by moving away was the right one, whether the guy does manipulate her or not is her decision to believe what she chooses to, if she believes so then well what was the bondage of trust with your friendship?

However, if your very persistant, just keep an eye on her, chat with her on Aim, MSN and call her up atleast once a week, but don't draw any concern into her situation, because she will start getting mixed ideas and the person she's seeing might direct those mixed ideas into what he sees fit.

This is going to come off really bad but....

the concern needs to be given to that child and not to her. She is an adult now. Whether she had a bad home life or whether she's easily influenced that's neither here or there. She knows what is right and what is wrong. It's up to her to step up and say "no" when it's needed. If she is determined to stay with this man, you as a friend can only suggest to her counseling for the both of them. If she's been watched for psychological reasons, there shouldn't be a problem going to facilities for help. That child needs to be the main focus here. Not anyone else.

Also, running away from problems isn't going to solve them. That's not a good example to set for her child. Grow up, face your issues and stop blaming the world and other people for your problems.

Also, running away from problems isn't going to solve them. That's not a good example to set for her child. Grow up, face your issues and stop blaming the world and other people for your problems.

Are you referring to me, or to Erica?

Talking to you nigga, man up! Go take your women from where ever she's at and bring he home! :angry:

"you" meant as a general audience.

But if you feel like it applies to you, perhaps there is something you should do about it.

Also, running away from problems isn't going to solve them. That's not a good example to set for her child. Grow up, face your issues and stop blaming the world and other people for your problems

"you" meant as a general audience.

But if you feel like it applies to you, perhaps there is something you should do about it.

Well, I only asked because I wasn't sure if you were being a cunt or not.

I talked to Erica today, and everything is fine. She has everything under control, and I'm not too sure where you got this whole last bit of your statement from. No one is running from their problems. No one hasn't grown up, nor is anyone blaming the world for their problems. I'm not even sure if you read the right thread before replying.

Moving to Alabama isn't me running from my problems. What Erica does isn't necessarily a problem, it's a concern. Moving to Alabama IS me growing up. And last time I checked I AM facing my problems. You should inquire further before making irrelevant statements.

I moved away to get away from the problems there

Enough said on that subject.

As far as you not knowing if I was being a "cunt", I assure you that you would know it if I was. However, I don't find it necessary to be one in a forum. If you write something on a public forum, expect answers from different people. I'm sorry it was something you didn't want to hear.

I can read sweetheart. You had mentioned taking your friend to Alabama so she wouldn't have to be an adult and take care of herself.

I am glad that you care enough to seek some advice and I'm really glad she knows what to do.

But your attitude is not necessary.

I gave some relatively common advice for anyone. I was trying to convey that the worry should be over the child and thinking about yourself and running away from problems doesn't solve anything. It's good to learn that lesson young.

But obviously you're a bit immature to think about it logically.

If you're that worried about that statement, perhaps you need some self evaluation.

I'm done with this conversation.

Edited by Hera