WTF steven spielberg?

So I'm watching E.T. for the first time since I was a kid, and all I have to say is WTF.

Someone calls another kid a douche bag, then Elliott tells his brother he has penis breath, and elliott's brother says, "shit" at one point. Not to mention the fact that it's creepy as fuck. Like when E.T. and Elliott first meet and he drops the reeses on the blanket, E.T. looks like a petophile. He's all up in that kid's business. Then, although the frog scene was pretty funny, E.T. get's wasted and turns on the TV. He sees Tom and Jerry, grins, chitters, and throws a beer can at it. Then of course there's that creepy ass scene where elliott's brother finds E.T. in the river with what seems to be a raccoon gnawing on his head.

creepyet.jpg

creepyet2.jpg

not to mention when he's dying and he's all powdery. This movie just creeps me right out. I was never scared of it or anything, but for god's sake if this shit were real, that elliott kid sure wouldn't be all like, "ooh mind meld with me"

At the beginning, there is one scenario that probably would have happened if a creepy ass alien were inside someone's tool shed: The kid's run outside with knives.... In real life, the movie would have ended there. The kids rush in and stab E.T. to death.

Another thing might be that there actually were coyotes, and they eat Elliott, or even E.T.

What do you guys think? Is it just me, or is this movie even weirder now that I'm an adult?