Pixel Art i made

LoRd_SnOw

Hi, i don't normally do this, but i made some Pixel Art over the summer for a (girl)friends birthday, which we supersized in kinko's, lol.

So here's the Pixel Art I made for her and later I made for myself :lol:

*edit* these were made in Microsoft Paint and each of them took an hour to make (sorry I did not mention this earlier, i had my head in the clouds).

*removed, lost it on facebook*

5973_113170386885_661116885_2722165_6028883_n.jpg

Edited by Snow Patr0l

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I've been wanting to make my own pixel art but I just don't have the time or patience for it. I'm not good at drawing but I know there are some free software that actually guide you. I love pixel art.

Looks pretty cool! Great work. I remember dabbing into Image -> Pixel converter software a few years ago. In fact, I used one to make the favicon (seen in Firefox/IE next to the 1emulation.com address) for 1emu. Although, I need to fix it, as it's no longer showing it after our upgrade.

I've used that once seemed to have issues with getting it to show IE back then, to fix the favicon all you would need to do is replace the IPB favicon with the 1emulation favicon from previous back ups you might have.

Well i should have mentioned this before and im sorry for not saying it earlier, I did not use any kind of editing software other than Microsoft Paint, the one before Windows 7 as the one on Window 7 are alittle odd and the brushes are crappy.

Well it's possible to do more than NES 8-bit style artwork on Microsoft paint. Infact, it's really all about how detailed you get with ms paint. Also, when you zoom into a photo those bits of blocks you see scattered all around the photo are exactly what makes up your pictures, just everything is more zoomed out which makes it look more detailed.

In these pixel art photos I zoomed into the blocks to capture that Nes Affect in order to present my idea better about the picture i was trying to make. IMO, the best way to learn how to draw in microsoft paint is to immitate things and other objects that you find interests in. For instance, you can start small by zooming or finding a zoom level that best suits your needs for that specific object or person you may be trying to immitate.

That's art alright, but I think it's too detailed to be considered pixel art. I think you're right with the NES thing. If it looks like an old game, where you can litterally count the squares that make it up, it's pixel art. If it's detailed like yours, then it's, well, a cartoon that happened to be drawn in MS Paint. Snow Patrol's look like they belong in Maniac Mansion.

Erica.png

does something like this count, or no?

That's definately art, and its detailed. Like The-Ice-Man said it's very detailed to be considered pixel art, if you were to zoom in and tried to immitate this photo in the most basic way with Squares that would be Pixel Art. However, you did a good job drawing that pic, it looks very cool.