holy crap swine flu!

Inky

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/09/psa-swin...nfirmed-at-pax/

confirmed cases of swine flu at PAX, all those pasty nerds don't have the immune system for that. I know that Gabe(penny-arcade) and Scott Kurts(pvponline) were both complaining of flu like symptoms on twitter yesterday. this shit just got real yo.

Yeah I had a lady from the census bureau for the CDC come over to my house. She wanted me to answer some questions about my daughter having all her vaccines and whatnot. Apparently the CDC is predicting an epidemic around here.

If there were an epidemic, schools would be closed down. My daughter isn't even old enough for school and doesn't really hang out with other kids so I'm not really worried. I'm not giving her the vaccine because from what I've read, it'll do more harm and isn't guaranteed immunity. Yes, most vaccines aren't guaranteed but usually the side effects are fever and maybe the sniffles. The Swine Flu vaccine will actually make them sick and they would have to be quarantined. There hasn't been enough evaluation on the vaccine and they're wanting to distribute it next month. Not a good idea.

Not to mention, stay away from kids.. unless you have some, of course. but they're a big worry cause they don't wash their hands.

They're a big worry because their immune system isn't as developed as adults. Most victims of the disease were younger than 5.

Not to mention, stay away from kids.. unless you have some, of course. but they're a big worry cause they don't wash their hands.

*sigh* ... I'm just waiting to get it. I work in a high school doing tech support, I'm sure I will get it eventually from some filthy keyboard or mouse.

*sigh* ... I'm just waiting to get it. I work in a high school doing tech support, I'm sure I will get it eventually from some filthy keyboard or mouse.

Your county school board doesn't have any meetings or updates on how to prepare/avoid contact with the flu? They should. We've just had one here and people are more careful. Some are just acting ridiculous about it though.

The district actually had one meeting on the subject, but other than that no one seems too concerned. The other day, I was actually in a classroom where it looked like at least three of the kids were sick. :P

hmmm...

go buy a radiation suit.