9/11 why did America not use nukes?

emsley

There are many obvious reasons why a nuke wasn't used. Some are stated here already. Most importantly, we would look like fools (More than we already do) and the reason being for that is our government knew for a long time what was to come. They just decided not to do anything about it.

The Muslims had (and still have) money on a string dangling it in front of these men and all logical thinking is out of the window.

The U.S is a complete joke when it comes to this war. Truly, some are trying to bring peace and end all this but they have failed to realize that radical religious groups will never go away. You can never kill them all.

Besides, the group who were held responsible were not punished. Bush Jr. was too busy taking the opportunity to take vengeance for daddy in Iraq. Not to mention the HIGH factor of oil.

I say it because it's true. No conspiracy theories. All researches and evidences are there.

If we were actually going to punish the ones who did the deed, they wouldn't have sent rookie troops fresh into the military to track down Osama Bin Laden having him escape them IN THE MOUNTAINS on a wheelchair.

Instead, all of our high ranking officers and strong military personnel were busy bombing innocent people in Iraq.

I could go on about this all day. The whole thing just makes me mad.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hera, I would respectfully disagree. I don't believe we went to war over oil and I think our intentions were good. Unfortunately, as the saying goes - the road to hell is paved with good intentions. In hindsight, there's no doubt Iraq was the wrong choice for a number of reasons. It was also poorly managed on top of that and it has neutralized one of Iran's worst enemies. At this point though, all we can do is work to make things right.

I think we, as a country should take an important lesson away from this. That would be the more that we interfere in the affairs of other countries, the more trouble we end up causing in the world. Throughout history, our involvement in the middle-east has been one disaster after another. What we needed to do was get the people responsible and get out. We can't drag a country into democracy kicking and screaming, it simply won't hold. A true revolution needs to happen from within, much as it did in our own country.

On the topic of nuclear weapons though, I would like to see a full nuclear disarmament of the US and other countries possessing them. They are terrible weapons and can only be used for one purpose - to cause death and suffering on an unthinkable scale. To put it in perspective, the weapons that we and other nations possess today are many times more powerful than the bombs we dropped on Japan. What war could possibly justify destruction on that large a scale?

I love how now that Bush is out and Obama is in no one talks about the war anymore. it was the only thing you heard about for the last 6 years and now it's like 'lol wut?'

I think we, as a country should take an important lesson away from this. That would be the more that we interfere in the affairs of other countries, the more trouble we end up causing in the world. Throughout history, our involvement in the middle-east has been one disaster after another. What we needed to do was get the people responsible and get out. We can't drag a country into democracy kicking and screaming, it simply won't hold. A true revolution needs to happen from within, much as it did in our own country.

Yeah that would be nice, but if they didn't learn that from Vietnam they aren't going to learn it from anything. Here we are in Vietnam 2.

one thing I must say about American is they are really ignorant about others, in a good way and a bad way.

Americans always believe that their way is the best way, everyone should adopt to it, everyone should adhere to it. they will even go all out to convince you of their way even if that mean ramming down the idea down your throat.

I am just generalizing here so I am sure most of those in 1emu is not in this category.

I have plenty of hate I've lost my neighbor and a step father. Like many others mentioned, nuking a country wouldn't solve a damn thing, furthermore this world is in pretty bad shape to be taking any nukes.

Edited by Snow Patr0l

Hera, I would respectfully disagree. I don't believe we went to war over oil and I think our intentions were good. Unfortunately, as the saying goes - the road to hell is paved with good intentions. In hindsight, there's no doubt Iraq was the wrong choice for a number of reasons. It was also poorly managed on top of that and it has neutralized one of Iran's worst enemies. At this point though, all we can do is work to make things right.

On the topic of nuclear weapons though, I would like to see a full nuclear disarmament of the US and other countries possessing them. They are terrible weapons and can only be used for one purpose - to cause death and suffering on an unthinkable scale. To put it in perspective, the weapons that we and other nations possess today are many times more powerful than the bombs we dropped on Japan. What war could possibly justify destruction on that large a scale?

We can agree to disagree about the intent but I am in 100% agreement with you about getting rid of nuclears period in this country and the next.