The old quit smoking thread!

emsley

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get e-cigarettes online for like 45 bucks somewhere, and it comes with enough cartridges to be worth more than 45 dollars in regular cigarettes, so in a way its not expensive. Some sites sell them for like 250+ dollars though.

What the hell are e-cigarettes? :huh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-cigarette

An electronic cigarette or "e-cigarette" is a battery-powered device that provides inhaled doses of nicotine by delivering a vaporized liquid nicotine solution. It is an alternative to smoked tobacco products, such as cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. In addition to nicotine delivery, this vapor also provides a flavor and physical sensation similar to that of inhaled tobacco smoke, while no tobacco, smoke, or combustion is actually involved in its operation.

An electronic cigarette usually takes the form of some manner of elongated tube, though many are designed to resemble the outward appearance of real smoking products, like cigarettes, cigars, and pipes. A common design is also the "pen-style", so named for its visual resemblance to a ballpoint pen.

Third day - I have had three smokes in three days - not bad.

Horribile cravings this morning after my morning pot of tea - nasal spray calmed it down.

first week really sucks.

If I go anywere near a smoke today Ill be weak so best keep it in mind. grrr

Third day - I have had three smokes in three days - not bad.

Horribile cravings this morning after my morning pot of tea - nasal spray calmed it down.

first week really sucks.

If I go anywere near a smoke today Ill be weak so best keep it in mind. grrr

Whats the status?

Had one smoke yesterday - doing well - Im sure this is what I want for my self. Got some old nicotine gum that went out of date in december 2007 - chewing it - it does not do anything - only got a nasal spray to last me till monday. Very little left in it.

My boyfriend and I are trying the quitting thing, too. We were smoking one very two hours, or at least trying to. That was yesterday. Today we tried smoking one every 4 hours. I'm doing alright, I haven't really been craving them super badly. Then again, it's only day two of the weening off smoking process. it's better than before though, I was smoking about a pack a day. but that had a lot to do with smoking inside, and now what we've moved, the house we're in, we can't. so it makes the process a little better.

The way I am dealing with it is I feel more proud of myself the longer I wait. It seems to make the time pass by easier.

Today I've had 3. I think that's pretty good from having had smoked almost a pack a day about two weeks ago.