rice video plugin help

I wanted to use Hi-Res graphics for my zelda-oot ROM, so i downloaded the texture pack and i also downloaded the Rice video Plugin 6.1.4 (Unofficial). I unzipped the files for the high-res textures and had them extracted to the appropriate location. After I was done with that, I installed the RiceVideo Plugin to project64. The next step requires that i open the pj64 application, go into options and open up the settings, this is where my problem begins...

Every time i open the settings i get a series of error messages. In short, the messages are telling me that the ricevideo plugin failed to open because two files were missing, they are as followed:

MSVCP71.dll

d3dx9_34.dll

I have no idea what to do, someone please help me =(

(if its possible could someone send me these files via e-mail?)

d3dx9_34.dll is a part of an optional DirectX9c installation. Use the DirectX Web updater to get it. The other file is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library.

You can get both of these files from various DLL repositories on the Internet, and just put them in Project64's directory. If your video card can handle it, you should use Glide64 over Rice though.

Rice is rather pathetic as far as graphics plugins go, IMO. It's only being used because it was the first one to have support for custom textures.

I already tried using Glide64. It opens up just fine in the configurations but it wont list all of the settings even after i uncheck the "Hide advance settings" box and the "Hide texture enhance" box.

I got the files for the rice video plug in, now when i try to open the settings it says that it failed to upload RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll and RiceVideo.dll

I'm beginning to think that maybe my laptop is just too old. lately i've been having trouble with the ati graphics card

A Radeon 7000 is not good enough to run Rice or Glide64 properly. The tester bundled with Glide64 should confirm this. Update your drivers to the latest Catalyst drivers that still have support for 7xxx, and forget using anything other than Jabo's Direct3D6 (and subsequently, forget custom textures), because that card/chips is even below the minimum requirements for Project64's default plugins.

A first generation Radeon card doesn't get you very far in emulation and PC games, to say the least.