CoinOPS reignite

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

point 1

NTSC lines do not = PAL lines and there is no dection code to detect if it is PAL or NTSC at present

Point 2

old consoles run the same res so they have a fixed scale rate

Mame scale factor varies with each game so it uses a scale factor rounded to 2 decimal figures

Point 3

if you have a percent screen width or height (2 decimal places rounded down) and devide it by a scale factor for the correction you setup (1 decimal rounded down) and multiple it by the mame scale factor (1 decimal rounded down) it is not allways perfect in fact its likely to be a few pixels different.

Point 4

Some guys overrun the max screensize mame doesnt support poitive scaling so this would cause errors at present

Point 5

Light gun code could be effected by this

Point 6

Other features of mame interact with this stuff....screen rotation code, cocktail modes etc

there will probably be more..... I dont actually wish to talk about this stuff at present just reingnite....as stated ive looked at it and its not that easy, any patchs if done right get put in with a few tweaks normally by me. I will look at it again when im in the mood really but not before im not that intereseted in this.

PS Ive finished a 4.5gig Showcase and a 8gig Showcase (I have also a 1000game video set matched but some arnt edited to the Showcase quality level). Its all finished testing and running each one has its own save and own name for the save. I am currently looking at my FBA build again and thinking about how id like it to run.

Thanks for all the work on this, please could someone pm me the link

last one I got from you was the full CoinOps do I need a full DL again + this update ?

I could never get the old star wars vector games to work they just crash my xbox, anyone know if this was fixed or am I missing a setting ?

Edited by Damianiw

Thanks for all the work on this, please could someone pm me the link

last one I got from you was the full CoinOps do I need a full DL again + this update ?

I could never get the old star wars vector games to work they just crash my xbox, anyone know if this was fixed or am I missing a setting ?

pm sent.

you dont need a full download and ther isnt one anyway.jjst transfer your roms and screenshots over to the new emu and it will work fine.

try star wars in this new version,if you have a full romset from a previous download then you will have the full set.

CoinOPS reignite "Showcase" has been done for a few weeks now, but you will have to wait a few weeks for me to have bandwidth to supply a package it has about 700 unique games all with videos pics 100 percent tested. It should be what 95 percent of people want and it looks so much better now visually than its ever looked (at times I turn off video support and it looks so 90s and retro not modern and slick like it does now)

So CoinOPS will be

CoinOPS reignite STANDALONE (80Megs) &

CoinOPS reignite SHOWCASE (8Gigs)

Both use different saves and have different names so they can run side by side no worries.......I will support only these 2 builds with technical help from now on, but there are a few guys that can help alot anyways.

This will be the final package from me for a while im working on another 2 projects and one of them is under another avatar that people might know buts its xbox not emulator related. I will show you guys pics soon of some EMU work im currently working on but it wont be till later this year that I get it to a stage where I wish to release it unless I get a burst of energy, as it will have to be up to a point that I think its really good and useable and bug free.

I have some unfinished CoinOPS beta code that I will return to sometime but for the moment I grow tired after listening to many complaints about me. Ive decided its best I bow out to the new and more vocal blood and hope they move forward with new and inviative stuff and I will work in the background

Peace to all and nothing was ever personal... I wish you guys all the best I will look to see how the scene grows and keep modifing my own builds to my personal tastes :D........................

CoinOPS reignite "Showcase" has been done for a few weeks now, but you will have to wait a few weeks for me to have bandwidth to supply a package it has about 700 unique games all with videos pics 100 percent tested. It should be what 95 percent of people want and it looks so much better now visually than its ever looked (at times I turn off video support and it looks so 90s and retro not modern and slick like it does now)

So CoinOPS will be

CoinOPS reignite STANDALONE (80Megs) &

CoinOPS reignite SHOWCASE (8Gigs)

Both use different saves and have different names so they can run side by side no worries.......I will support only these 2 builds with technical help from now on, but there are a few guys that can help alot anyways.

This will be the final package from me for a while im working on another 2 projects and one of them is under another avatar that people might know buts its xbox not emulator related. I will show you guys pics soon of some EMU work im currently working on but it wont be till later this year that I get it to a stage where I wish to release it unless I get a burst of energy, as it will have to be up to a point that I think its really good and useable and bug free.

I have some unfinished CoinOPS beta code that I will return to sometime but for the moment I grow tired after listening to many complaints about me. Ive decided its best I bow out to the new and more vocal blood and hope they move forward with new and inviative stuff and I will work in the background

Peace to all and nothing was ever personal... I wish you guys all the best I will look to see how the scene grows and keep modifing my own builds to my personal tastes :D........................

Thanks for all your hard work , I know I really appreciate it and I ook forward to your other projects in the future

CoinOPS Reignite Showcase. (8gigs)

Its a massive download so just wondering if its worth to download; if this is only video previews + optimized screenshots its not worth for me.

But if many new games are added (old topic by Enkak) then it might very interesting for many ppl do give it a try.

So can somebody confirm me if many games are added from this list ?

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30060

Since when does a feature request qualify as "complaining about you?" There was absolutely no ill intention in any of my posts.

The suggestion I made was merely an attempt to discuss the possibility of removing some of the blurriness in CoinOPS. Some users maintain 10 or more hacked copies of the CoinOPS executable in order to get around CoinOPS' lack of a custom screen sizing option:

http://fancyxbox.info/?doc=1&secao=coinops

Good luck with your future projects, and if you do decide to continue CoinOPS development, hopefully you'll give this feature another look.