Best PS2 Exclusives

So I've been playing Dragon Quest 8 pretty much every chance I can get. I already have around 20 hours put into my save. This game is so awesome. It reminds me of an old school RPG like Chrono Trigger. I'm pretty much already convinced that I'm going to play Rogue Galaxy next just because Level 5 was also involved, even if it ends up being completely different.

I actually have some collectibles I won for the game when it came out. Some little slime keychains from Japan. (Might have even been from Lik-Sang lol but I forgot) WHY DID I IGNORE THIS GAME?! I want a DS even more now just so I can play the next one.

I haven't played DQVIII for quite a while now, but I'm clocking over 50 hours and it feels that I'm not even half way through the game. Seriously, the game world is massive area-wise, and it certainly takes a while to explore nooks and crannies just to find those lone treasure chests.

The game doesn't take itself too seriously either; the bosses are quite the personalities.

Yeah that's another thing I like about it, not taking itself too seriously. There are a lot of RPGs that take themselves SO seriously and to me it just becomes corny.

Do you have the ship yet? I heard it makes it a lot easier to get around. I just have to walk back over to it so it can be fixed and then I will have it. Unless I'm going to need something else to fix it, doesn't sound like I will though. I like all the enemies as well. They are pretty much all goofy and you have that battle log, It reminds me of pokemon or something. Gotta battle em all! I even killed a metal slime :P (lol but I didn't know how awesome this was until I saw the experience amount at the end of the battle and then googled it)

Yeah, I've had the ship for a while now. Certainly give you more places to search (and accidentally stumble onto some island populated with enemies several dozen levels above you, murderizing your party). I haven't managed to kill a Metal Slime :P I read that there's a trick to it, but I forget. Those are so damn rare monsters, too

It's great how almost every enemy in the game has some kind of a joke move that will waste one of their turns. Like the calamari kids starting to doodle mid-fight or when their mother calls them for dinner. Or when the different cat enemies roll on their back, acting playful. Or when the buff dudes waste a turn flexing their pectorals.

Lot's of enemies like that yeah. Also a nice game mechanic is the random Super Saiyan mode when you get that magical 100 Tension.

Wow maybe I should start using that, So far I haven't bothered with the Tension thing. I bet Yangus deals massive damage.

When I killed the metal slime, somehow I got unbelievably lucky and encountered one three times (in the same hallway!). On the second time it just happened to not run away and I think I only missed once.

The joke moves are neat, I like the characters like the Puppeteer too who are slightly different each time. Those dice rolling eyeball guys are pretty neat too although they always do tons of damage and I've only seen them roll a 1, I'd hate to see what 6 does.

Tension is actually very damn useful in many boss fights as it exponentially increases the damage output of your next attack. True, you need to waste a turn charging, but that's not such a big deal. Well, many enemies and bosses have attacks that decrease or nullify the Tension you stocked, so it's a bit of a double-edged sword.

100 Tension occurs once every blue moon after you've tried to increase it from 75. Yeah, all characters to like quadruple or more damage during their Super Saiyan mode (I use that name because the Hero looks just like Goku when you know what happens :D)

It probably wouldn't be too bad. Honestly I think the boss fights are way easier than when you are fighting say 5 or 6 tough enemies at once because you are only being attacked once. Now that I said that I'm sure the next boss will have an attack that does 100 damage to every character.