Snes emu ported to 360 and XBMC coming soon!

fumanchu

One of the guys in the team that have been working on the hack for 360 has posted a video of snes9x working on the hacked 360.also it seems that a team of people have got permission to port xbmc to the 360

news via xbox scene.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=690360

also heres the post about xbmc.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...90360&st=45

You mean this will be officially released on X360 or hacked? I can't tell.

Although, i will think this is an exercise in futile since Microsoft can easily patched this up with a mandatory update.

From what I understand you have to have a 360 that hasn't been updated with the latest mandatory upgrade in order to install the hack and then run this emulator. You then have to never update your 360 again which means you can't play on LIVE.

i hope that in time this will be the start of something,im not to concerned about emulation on the 360 as my xbox1 sees to that.what i would really like to see is region free gaming for the 360 for all those great japanes shooters.

so maybe over time if development of this hack continues to grow then we might see a fully blown multimedia system 360 style.

from what i understand this requires the cygnos modchip. (99% of modded 360 are just firmware flashed) a time attack to downgrade the kernal, and never updating again. No LIVE, hell, most (all) newer games will make you update the kernal.

I hope it leads to better, easier, more practical things but the time attack and specific kernal have been known about for a LONG time now.