Depression

Cominus

Do you guys ever get it? I dont mean like a chemical imbalance, I mean like you break up with your g/f or something and you just don't know where to go from there because he/she was your life. I mean don't get me wrong I got school and shyt but I mean I don't really have anything going on, the situation is alot more complicated than im letting up but it's kinda personal/not supposed to talk about it(court). :P

How do you guys deal with it? Friends, well Idk, I kinda feel like my real friends I left back in my old city, sure I've lived here for years now but it's like everybodies got thier own shyt going.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

smoke rock. you'll feel better.

Im listening to techno/trance right now, but the thing is that I don't have shyt planned, atleast not until school starts but even then, new stuff will come but will it be stuff I wanna do or stuff I will just get into to get over what's going on now?

The thing is my ex locked me up, I didn't hit her or nutthin, I just "damaged" some possesions, so yeah, Im just really bummed the way stuff has been and this city is so small, I always have terrible luck, like Im either really lucky or really unlucky, you get me?

but it's like everybodies got thier own shyt going.

Story of my life more or less. The place I live used to have lots of kinds when I was growing up, but after some years, most families moved out (or their kids moved out). So now I'm either the only one, or one of the very few "oldies" that still live here, and now only a lot of old people live here.

So yeah, most of my friends have moved farther away and basically have their "own shit going on" (like you put it), so my list of friends has dwindled from a few dozen to just a couple over the years, and most live so far away that it's not really an option for either them or me to just get together for a day and do stuff.

Anyway, back on topic sorta. I deal with depression by simply dealing with it. I don't know how lse to put it, because I just dwell in it for a while and then move on, waiting for the next depression to hit. I play video games and listen to angry music I guess.

Heh... A thread I can really invest my crushing walls of text...

I have had some bad relationships. And when fresh out of them, I was crushed. This whole damaging her stuff thing, I don't know what prompted it... but I can see you were quite frustrated/angry.

Man...

I remember being so down so depressed, I was pathetic. Time is the only mender. Time is the only thing that will help. Thoughts repeat in your head, you replay so many moments over and over and over... Literally trapped in yourself, all you can do is let time pass. Once the freshness of it wears off, it lightens up a bit. Then you must make attempts to "live" move on. At first you have no motivation, all you want is to have things back to the way they were. Fantasizing about going back and changing what you did or said, or getting a second chance. Well thats moving in reverse... and thats the wrong direction. You just gotta take that next step, then another.

We get accustomed to being with someone. Life includes her. She becomes a part of you. Then she is gone... and sometimes even as a complete bitch, you miss her.

Time my friend... time. Let some time pass then DO something. Anything. Get OUT of the house. Sure that usually costs money, but you gotta do something. Once alittle time passes... What you will need to do, is STOP thinking about her. I don't know the circumstances, but what I have done, and what I have already told others... including Emsley...

"do not waste your faculties, your time, thinking of this person." But thats generally if they did you wrong... I don't know what happened, but if you are the one that fucked everything up solely... then IDK man... it might be even worse for you than I have experienced. Whatever the case... time.

And as for friends... When you die, you can count all the REAL friends you have... EVER... on one hand. True friends are always there for you, if even just to talk.

Time is the only mender. Time is the only thing that will help.

I dunno about that. they say money doesn't buy happyness, but money does buy crack rocks. :P

also if you are dead set against smoking rock (pussy) you could always find a fat girl on myspace or whatever and bang her. get your power back! (I'm joking but this does work short term.) she doesn'ty HAVE to be fat but it helps move things along quickly :P

in seriousness though, this as all part of the game. after you go through it a few times you become semi-immune. suck it up and move forward. stuff that depression down into your gut. and force yourself to have fun.

but it's like everybodies got thier own shyt going.

ahhm yeah, and before this went down you had your own shit going too. as you get older you'll find that people have alot less time for YOUR bullshit. they have enough of their own.

pfft....you don't fucking know what depression is, going on what you're talking about. Sorry, but honestly....quit being so goddamn EMO. :P

Really though, if you feel that down in the dumps see your doctor. Talk to someone.

If I can deal with what I've been through in the last 2 months...gimme a break!

Ken, there's only one thing I can say in response to yours. Everyone has different adversity. An other person might not have the same tolerance therefor their problems that would seem insignificant to you isn't so with them. Everyone is different. However, he obviously hasn't given the whole story of everything. So we can't make any judgments towards how he's feeling.

Skythe, you're still an idiot.

Now cominus, Will is right about one thing. It takes time. Ride the waves and go through the emotions. But aside from that point, YOU are the one responsible for making things happen. Make some adjustments where you see error. Concentrate on what you like to do. What your passions are. So you've went through a rough relationship and the law is involved. There are still ways for you to change the outcome. Don't depend on other people or so called friends. Sometimes you have to be alone in the world to get to know yourself.