District 9

L.S.D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the Halo movie never got made.

I thought steven spielburg was gonna do it?

It was originally Jackson. But things didn't pan out the way he wanted it. I'm glad he backed out with some pride and not let people take advantage of his talents.

Spielberg.......that man infuriates me.

He'll just rape this concept like he has with his last 6 or 7 films or turn it into some other scientologist psycho-babble conspiracy crap.

That's the new rumor. It's whack, I rather no Halo movie be made then Spielberg rape some shit that's structured story wise like glass.

Right....halo had the best storyline ever, it's right up there with FFVII and Metal Gear series. :lol:

The only movies I like from Spielberg is Schindler's list and ET.

Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers mean nothing to you...figures.

The only movies I like from Spielberg is Schindler's list and ET.

Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers mean nothing to you...figures.

Yes, i hate those kind of movies. I can't relate to them.

Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp pretty much know what to do with the Halo movie, the only problems are Universal, Fox and Microsoft. They've got everything already planned out but they just gave up in the end. But at the end, we got District 9, so it isn't a loss at all.

With the way Blomkamp handled the short Halo videos, the Halo movie directed by him would of no doubt be as entertaining and compelling as D9.

Also, as far as I know, Spielberg only produced Band of Brothers and had no hand in directing any of it.

This was a very memorable film. I went into the cinema thinking it was going to be an action flick, and while the action scenes were superb, it wasn't all about the action.

It also wasn't all about making a political statement, which I was glad for; I go to the films to be entertained, and not to have some director shove his views down my throat.

Oh, and the final scene...the very last shot...was simply perfect.

my browser crashed with about 20 minutes left of the film. I can't be arsed to watch the first part again until there is a decent quality version out there.

And I DO NOT go to the theater, ever.

The Russian cam is pretty good, decent quality. It's not film print sourced, but probably one of the best cams I've ever seen. Only problem would be there's no decent English audio source floating around.