Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

I'm sure most of you have seen this... but perhaps one of you hasn't.

Trailer, then info from the Kojima himself and the Director, Dave Cox

Castlevania: LoS trailer by itself

Konami.com/Castlevania

So the past 3D castlevanias have been quite disappointing. But this one seems to have a certain appeal and I have high hopes for it. Seconded by the fact that Kojima has a hand in the production. I suppose it'll help ensure the game delivers.

So yea... Patrick Stewart has another voiceing part... imagine that.

Another 3D Castlevania, another case where fanboys and random fans alike hold their breath in unison and waiting whether or not this one will suck too. Although I've heard some very mixed reviews about the two Castlevania's on the PS2, and still haven't played those to pass judgment.

lol, and let's not start about the titular Castlevania: Judgment.

LOL Judgment... what a joke.

The 2 on ps2 arent horrible, but they are not castlevania. It feels like some random game with castlevania like enemies. Worth a try I suppose.

I am holding my breath slightly, as It hasn't been done well enough. When you go 3d, you miss out on what makes 2d so great. I realize there is things you cannot do when you switch, but there is still a certain feel I think one can achieve. This is obviously a reimagining, and I believe this will at be decent. Well at least better than the last 2 inceptions. Again, Kojima has a hand in development, and I really like the way the man and his team thinks. I am a straight up Kojima fan. The man is a genus.

I liked Lament of Innocence. I have Curse of Darkness but haven't played it (silly me) but this new one looks to be awesome. Patrick Stewart's sexy narration and the epic scale, like a Medieval GoW, which is cool but it can't be too similar. The only issues I have is that they did away with Ayami Kojima's style. :D The way the game is now while keeping that gothic style would've been cool in my opinion... maybe tone down the anime fantasy a little bit but retain the feel. My other concern is the whip – I wish they'd get more creative with its physics to behave more whip-like and add some dimension, not just a long fiery string flailing about wildly in, again, GoW fashion.

Beyond that though it looks to be a breath of fresh air for the series, i'm excited. Hope it comes out for PC. :P

Best 3D Castlevania is still the 2nd installement on the N64. I own the PS2/Xbox ones, but they don't feel and play that good.

They new game will be a dissappointment I already can smell it. Kojima has a great taste with his MGS series, but this game wasn't planned as an Castlevania for the first 40% of it's development, so why does you guys still have some random hopes about it? It will good ratings, because it's HD and it has Kojima as a developer, but it will be overrated crap.

Believe.

Sorry but the N64 version really REALLY sucked. I couldn't even finish it.

castlevania has a harcore following - I remember the NES version I never completed it I used to suck at NES games.

I not very surprising to hear that someone hasn't beaten the original Castlevania - nor any of the NES Castlevanias for that matter. It was hard for a reason, and many just couldn't cope with that. Classic Nintendo Hard.

^ That is some jaw smashing shit!

However And I do claim awesome for this:

Super Star Wars on the SNES!!! I once beat that game with only tasting death once on normal setting! (chewbacca jumped like a bitch on the death star level)

I fecking loved that game!