Got the svc rom to load but has prob.

strider2040

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i'm about to give up because i can't get pass this black screen. Also i check all thehex's and they were done right.

Are you sure your P1 & P2 come from svc_p1.rom ?

Is your P1 1024 Kb ?

Is your P2 5120 Kb ?

Also, don't forget : to put neogeo.zip bios in your roms folder.

well i'm about to give up because i can't get pass this black screen. Also i check all thehex's and they were done right.

The p1 doesnt necessarily have to be split up 1 and 5 (although this is the way i originally did it when the game was first released.......)

everything youve been trying though requires your p1 to be split into a 1mb p1 and 5mb p2 rom.......so keep at it this way........

if you decide that its too much or you get frustrated........ill offer another sollution.

the important thing is that you get the game running so you can enjoy it!

so check out the SVC on KAWA-X sticky and theres a site that has kawa-X Plus Pack.......... HERE!

its basically a pre-hexed default.xbe WITH p and m roms, images, and easy instructions to help you run ROTD, SVC, MELEE, MSLUG4 and kof2k2 all in one emu together.

dont give up, you will play soon enough.

;)

Edited by N3oGhost

The p1 doesnt necessarily have to be split up 1 and 5 (although this is the way i originally did it when the game was first released.......)

everything youve been trying though requires your p1 to be split into a 1mb p1 and 5mb p2 rom.......so keep at it this way........

if you decide that its too much or you get frustrated........ill offer another sollution.

the important thing is that you get the game running so you can enjoy it!

so check out the SVC on KAWA-X sticky and theres a site that has kawa-X Plus Pack.......... HERE!

its basically a pre-hexed default.xbe WITH p and m roms, images, and easy instructions to help you run ROTD, SVC, MELEE, MSLUG4 and kof2k2 all in one emu together.

dont give up, you will play soon enough.

;)

Personally, I've edited my own default.xbe to play SVC instead of Samurai Shodown 2. I've changed Samurai Shodown C roms sizes, P1 rom size, V roms sizes & all the rom region. I've not cut svc_p1.rom, it runs perfectly in 6 Mb.

Now with the new Hex editing option its boiled down to wether or not one prefers to hex or split/double to get the desired results.

I only hex if i absolutely have to (rotd/svc) otherwise im comfortable with just inflating a rom if needed.

Gouki.......

i know that with P roms theres a "header" line prior to the Ps that says how big the Ps should be total.

do the other roms have a similar occurence? (like the C roms, V roms, etc?) or do those only need the main changes?

Ive only made hex changes to P roms for SVC and ROTD........and thats it.

just curious.....