Need qucik fix for shitty boot up problem.

emsley

If you use Windows 7 DO NOT attempt to install any of the activation cracks. There is a command (can't remember it off the top of my head but should be easy to find) that will reset your 30 day trial and you can use it 3 times I think, by then there should be a proper crack.

There are BIOS SLIC 2.1 emulation that runs as a bootloaders or you can modify the BIOS to include SLIC 2.1 which is obviously risky. The command to rearm is slmgr.vbs –rearm

I called it on other sites and nooooo one wanted to believe me. The latest one was blacklisted (it relied on a lenovo key) and the rest of them seem like they only have a chance of working (reports go both ways) and they don't crack it properly anyway. They replace the activation files with the files from the beta which obviously isn't going to work out too long.

There are three types of product keys for Windows 7 just as they where with Vista, Retail, OEM-COA and OEM-SLP, Retail and OEM-COA requires online activation and while OEM-SLP activates offline providing the BIOS has an SLIC 2.1 which hold the OEM Private Key and the corresponding Certificate which hold the OEM Public Key that is signed and encrypted by Microsoft Private Key, of course Windows 7 holds Microsoft Public Key. As soon as you apply the Certificate to Windows 7, the OEM Public Key get decrypted then check to see if the OEM Public Key and Private Key are both a pair if it is than all you need to do is apply the OEM-SLP Product Key and then Windows 7 is activated offline. That Lenovo key you are on about is a OEM-SLP product key, as of right now Microsoft did not do anything to that product key, even if they did somehow blacklist the product key, people will just find another OEM-SLP product key to play with and Microsoft can't keep on doing that. :D

As for replacing the activation files from RC or BETA, that will add the time bomb to RTM and you're right it's not going to work out too long. :)

No, You are wrong, Windows 7 cannot be fully and completely cracked yet. The Lenovo Key HAS been blacklisted as well as other keys, Proof:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/07/31/mi...dows-7-pirates/

The anti-piracy protection in Windows 7 is a lot more complicated than you are making it seem, there is much more to it than there was with Vista. You may have a copy running right now that says it's activated, but it isn't going to last long.

No, You are wrong, Windows 7 cannot be fully and completely cracked yet. The Lenovo Key HAS been blacklisted as well as other keys, Proof:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/07/31/mi...dows-7-pirates/

The anti-piracy protection in Windows 7 is a lot more complicated than you are making it seem, there is much more to it than there was with Vista. You may have a copy running right now that says it's activated, but it isn't going to last long.

I heard all these scare tactic before, Microsoft, Apple, big companies, they do it all the time. :D Btw, I'm not using the BIOS emulator which can be deactivated by Windows later on, I'm actually using a modified BIOS and there no way Windows can deactivate that. :)

Read the quote and for legal reason I can't link to the source.

The just-leaked Windows 7 Ultimate SLP-OEM product key, i.e. xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, may goes down in history to have the same fate with famous Windows XP corporate volume license product key, xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, which was also leaked in warez no Windows XP activation VL copy by devils0wn 35 days before official retail release of Windows XP on August 28, 2001.

The FCKGW serial key is now obsolete and has been blacklisted by Microsoft since August 2004 with the introduction of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation program. The 22TKD SLP-OEM product key, which been retrieved from a leaked Lenovo Windows 7 OEM preactivated DVD image, will be blacklisted and blocked, probably via WGA validation process (now together with Windows Product Activation or WPA is known as Windows Activation Technologies or WAT), according to Genuine Windows blog.

The key is for use with Windows 7 Ultimate RTM product that is meant to be pre-installed by the OEM on new PCs to be shipped later this year. As such, the use of this key requires having a PC from the manufacturer it was issued to. We’ve worked with that manufacturer so that customers who purchase genuine copies of Windows 7 from this manufacturer will experience no issues validating their copy of Windows 7. At the same time we will seek to alert customers who are using the leaked key that they are running a non-genuine copy of Windows. It’s important to note that no PCs will be sold that will use this key.

The now famous 22TKD OEM-SLP product key has been the first known Windows 7 RTM activation crack that done properly, unlike the previous undesirable cracks that make use of frankenbuild style Windows 7 RC or even Windows Vista license files to replace original Windows 7 version, and uses the corresponding product key to activate Windows 7 RTM as Windows 7 RC or Windows Vista. The OEM-SLP product key, when paired with proper SLIC table in BIOS and OEM certificate, will activate Windows 7 offline instantly without going online to contact any activation server, just like any genuine copy of Windows pre-installed on any OEM PC.

It’s interesting what will happen when the product key is blacklisted via WGA. Technically, a SLP-OEM product key cannot be blocked without modification on Windows 7 validation code, unlikely as Windows 7 already been RTMed, and any change may affect other SLP-OEM keys for other computer manufacturers too. As such, WGA validation may detect a system that uses 22TKD for activation, and prompt that the system is not genuine, but the system will keep activated. Instead, WAT may look for a hack or activation exploit to present before blacklisting the key.

Windows 7 already includes an improved ability to detect hacks, also known as activation exploits, and alert customers who are using a pirated copy. There is a hack that is said to enable, when paired with the leaked key, a system to install and use a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. Both the hack and the key are indications that a copy of Windows may not be genuine. The Windows Activation Technologies included in Windows 7 are designed to handle situations such as this one, and customers using these tools and methods should expect Windows to detect them.

Anyway, even if the leaked 22TKD OEM product key is blacklisted, ultimately a unblockable OEM-SLP product keys for Windows 7 that delivers with computer machine will be leaked when the goods are shipped in October.

So you see, Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot.

Edited by Hexter

I would have to agree with Shiba. Attempting to pirate software basically boils down to one major (aside from the ethical, of course) issue. All software actively communicates over the internet, essentially "phoning home" and as a result, software developers constantly upgrade their anti-piracy measures while pirates continue to update their exploits. It's basically a spy-vs-spy game where the user is guaranteed to loose.

A modified BIOS is really an extreme measure and can even risk hardware damage if any problems arise. IMO, it's not worth the $100-$200 "savings". I also feel the developers are entitled to their money - but that's another issue entirely.

I would have to agree with Shiba. Attempting to pirate software basically boils down to one major (aside from the ethical, of course) issue. All software actively communicates over the internet, essentially "phoning home" and as a result, software developers constantly upgrade their anti-piracy measures while pirates continue to update their exploits. It's basically a spy-vs-spy game where the user is guaranteed to loose.

Plays games with Microsoft then of course the user is going to loose, :D but if the user do things properly and play by Microsoft rules then the chances of losing is slim. When you said pirates I think you mean hackers? am I correct? Pirates are a group of people who sell counterfeit software, while hackers are a group of people who write exploits or breaking into computers that they don't have access to, which I think is sad. Anyway I didn't tell people how to pirate, I explained how the offline activation works for the sake of education, not piracy or hacking for that matter.

A modified BIOS is really an extreme measure and can even risk hardware damage if any problems arise. IMO, it's not worth the $100-$200 "savings". I also feel the developers are entitled to their money - but that's another issue entirely.

Using a modified BIOS is risky especially if you change the way it works, but changing the manufacturers description and adding a SLIC marker into the blank isn't exactly changing the way the BIOS works. Neither the less using a modified BIOS is neither a hack or an exploit while the bootloader is an exploit and Windows can be updated to detect such exploit and that happened with Vista before. :)

I really want to avoid going into detail to avoid mentioning things that are illegal, and I'll admit out of lazyness but basically your activation is NOT going to last. I don't know why you posted that as evidence against me, because it only supports my claims. There is no proper crack yet, but there will be one eventually. I never said it was never going to be cracked if that's what you thought, I just said your going to have to wait a bit longer.

You will NOT be able to stay up to date with Windows Update, and your activation eventually WILL deactivate due to phoning home or various other ways. It does not matter which method you are using to activate at the current moment, because none of them are bulletproof. It does not matter if they cannot deactivate your BIOS hack, they can still deactivate your activation.

About modifying your BIOS, incredibly stupid thing to do. I'm not even going to bother explaining. It's not as bulletproof as you say, It CAN be detected. (I can think of 2 ways right now just off the top of my head)

MS just isn't pulling out all their tricks at once, there is more to activation this time around, or there would be a scene release by now, the scene doesn't just sit around with their thumbs up their asses. They are incredibly dedicated and without them you wouldn't see 90% of the pirated software you see today. The last thing they want is to be beaten by some "P2P Lamer" so they will have it and they will have it first.