iPhone

Jitway

So how do you play games on it? Aren't there not any actual buttons?

Most games use either tilt or touch the iPhone. The console emulators have actual virtual button you touch on screen.

I think Megaman on Iphone is using this concept. Was thinkin of getting it but the price is deterring me now.

Oh that's neat, the emulators on my old PDA had something like that but the PDA also had buttons so I didn't use it that often. Does that work well for quick actions? You probably look like one of those kids in the 90s game boy commercials when your playing a fighting game :D

I recently purchased an iPhone 3G when AT&T was running the refurb sale. I have to say that overall, I'm satisfied with it. The screen is great, the network is good enough and the multimedia/web capabilities are the best available on any smartphone. The only gripes I have about the iPhone are the following:

No Tethering (Yet): I really enjoyed the tethering capabilities my Treo 755p had and I see no reason that AT&T can't support it yet. Unfortunately when they do, it's sure to be for a ridiculous price.

The App Store: From using Windows Mobile and Palm OS for many years, I have to say that the capabilities of most of the "apps" in the app store a seriously limited. The number of actual quality applications is very slim and the majority of the store is filled with sub-standard games and so-called apps that are really just wrappers for built-in APIs. Apple's policies on approval are also very restrictive and seem to be applied on a whim without rhyme or reason.

It's Slow: Since upgrading to 3.0, my phone has been drastically slower. Simple transitions and scrolling actually stutter most of the time.

Oh that's neat, the emulators on my old PDA had something like that but the PDA also had buttons so I didn't use it that often. Does that work well for quick actions? You probably look like one of those kids in the 90s game boy commercials when your playing a fighting game :D

Actual it is not that bad. I was playing crimefighter on Mame and the virtual buttons where quite fast responding.

It's Slow: Since upgrading to 3.0, my phone has been drastically slower. Simple transitions and scrolling actually stutter most of the time.

I agreed there are some slowdown in what you said. But there are improvement of speed in loading some applications though.

my Ipod Touch got stuck in an endless reboot loop. I had to restore it and re-jailbreak. there was music on there that I don't have on my PC anymore :)