Pandora runs MAME

The OpenPandora, a portable device which has gone through some rough times(which is to come out by the end of September) has a prototype that now has a video recording of it playing a racing game(can't read due to the quality), Mortal Kombat, and Metal Slug in MAME. It seems to run at desirable speed(with a frame limiter on) with a small clipping problem on the left side.

The Unofficial Blog post contains the youtube video, however if you prefer to watch the youtube video directly

For those who are unfamiliar with the Pandora, it is near or higher in ability in terms of computing and graphics of the iPhone 3G S. It has a QWERTY keyboard, capacitive touch screen, two joy stick nubs, D-Pad, the A B X Y button group and more in terms of user input. It has a long battery life, and has WiFi/BT. They are very close to completion, so at this time, they are still using the prototype CNC'ed case.

I've read about this device before. Assuming everything works on it, it will be the only handheld console I'd ever want to own.

If you are interested in an emulation plausibility list, here's the link.

I really want to own it, I have pre-ordered it; they are working very hard to get near perfection and have had some rough times, but that is almost over.

What's the deal with the Pandora then, do you have to put the emulators on it yourself or will it come pre loaded with them?

It isn't pre-loaded with emulators like the Dingoo is. It is supposed to come with Angstrom linux, and you download the binaries from the main server and put it on your SD card. Besides, the emulators are from the community, some of the same emulator devs are also in the PSP scene.