XBOX 1 PowerSupply

LoRd_SnOw

Hey, Would anyone happen to know of a place where they sell XBOX Power Supplies? I have 2 XBOX's one that's modified and another that remains a virgin. My modified XBOX is from launch of 2001, so it's a 1.0 Motherboard and As some may know, Gamestop had stopped selling Refurbished XBOX's and since my current box is packed with mods in regards to the led's and casing itself, I was hoping more in the lines that somewhere they would sell xbox 1 internal powersupplies.

Also, a friend of mine has a busted xbox, but his box is a 1.5 or 1.6 i believe, would it matter if i were to take his internal powersupply from his xbox and pop that right into mine?

you can only use a xbox1.0 or 1.1 as after version 1.1 the connection to the motherboard changed.i had the exact same thing happen to me about a month ago and my xbox is a version 1.1.so i had to use an early version so your friends power supply wont fit .

i got my new powersupply from a guy in the uk,he has tonnes of the things but i dont think he would have nstc/u power supplies.

So the pin-outs and wattages are different, i know for the 1.6 motherboard they made several changes, one preventing tsop. Though, i do wonder about the others 1.0 - 1.5?

The problem im having is, when i have my Xecuter chip v.26 CE chip installed onto my modified box, it would turn on for atleast a second then turn off and then perform an endless cycle of turning on and off, but when i take the chip off it boots up fine. Now, I've tested to see if the chip itself became fried somehow and well no it works fine on my virgin box and then i decided to pop out the powersupply from my virgin box right into my modified box with the chip included and it seems to be working fine, so i can say that, perhaps the power supply is approaching its death?

Atm, I am searching around and i'll edit this post if i find anything.

*EDIT*

Found spare parts: http://www.estarland.com/XBox.cat.PA.product.33084.html

Edited by Snow Patr0l

• 4 weeks later...

Or just go to EBAY, there are a ton on there. If i remember right there is a seller

who's store name is Xbox Xtreme shop or something along those lines. He's a

fast shipper and has great prices, he's U.S. though. Hope it helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Gamestop had stopped selling Refurbished XBOX's

It looks like they still sell them online even if some locations no longer stock them.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=36781

Wow, thank you so much, I will definately check these shops and maybe even try ordering an extra one online. Really, thank you for that link.

If ur in the US just go to llama.com I bought some parts for my xbox from there like heat sink and a replacement power supply. It even has tutorials for any xbox repairs. When my power supply was on the fritz it started sparking everytime i placed the plug in, they had a simple tutorial to fix it. While i was waiting for it to be shipped I did the tutorial and fixed it myself. And it extended the life of my xbox for like 3 years plus. It just recently started sparking again but since i had that spare power supply I just inserted it and it worked like a charm. I could have tried to repair it again but i had the spare so just used that.

The power supplies run from 24 to 34 bucks but if thats the only problem u have then i recommend u buy from them.

http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=64_22