Are these people serious?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how they sing about condemning sinners with a song made by a bunch of probable sinners by their logic.

LOL

<--- Anti ape origin theory

And it isn't as simple as saying we evolved from apes, because they to evolved from other extinct lifeforms gradually over millions of years, extending all the way back to amphibious animals and so forth. Human beings just like to categorize in almost black and white the nature of our origins either with creationist myths and legends from one almighty source or with the idea of some "missing link" bridging the gap between a chimpanzee like ape and modern man, when in fact its pretty gray how much time and through how many different stages of evolution species go through. Including us.

They say elephants and whales used to have a common ancestor and I suppose if a whale had the capacity of thought the way humans do, they too might disbelieve that their graceful, aquatic line of life shares some ancestry with a wrinkled, long-nosed, club-footed land beast. And vice-versa.

Humans too dislike the idea of sharing a tree with these ugly, hairy apes that I admit, I too find unappealing in their appearance but its not so simple as to say we just came from apes or monkeys like they gave birth to us.

Edited by veristic

I like orangutans. They're the closest ape to humans and they're awesome.

No, that's the reason the Westborough Baptist Church picket soldier's funerals. The Pastor's daughter said so in the Louis Theroux documentary. She said that the soldiers fight for a 'fag enabling governement' and as such their families should be told that their lost sons are going to hell. The Patriot Guard Riders attend funerals in support. Anyone else who protests funerals probably do it for political reasons like anti war etc. Which makes sense, unlike the Westborough Baptist Church.

They're retards. This country enabled us to vote whether we wanted same sex marriage. It lost in most states. So apparently we're not so gay loving.....

I've heard of this religious group/cult, being a Christian myself (Not the typical definition of a "Christian") I was quite disgusted when I heard of this cult and the lack of respect they have, giving common well meaning religious folks a bad name to the general public. :)

I've heard of this religious group/cult, being a Christian myself (Not the typical definition of a "Christian") I was quite disgusted when I heard of this cult and the lack of respect they have, giving common well meaning religious folks a bad name to the general public. :(

Yea... but who doesn't give it a bad rap.

Thing is, were all fallible. I cannot tell anyone what to think, nor they me. But people most often try to shove their beliefs down others throat. WTF is that?! If one force feeds another not willing to eat it, they puke. All that does is ruin the "food" and the appetite of everyone.

I too find it disgusting, especially because of the lil girl at the end, but what else is new... the same can be said for a great many things, just... this being from a group that "reads" the same book as I do hits it home just alittle bit more.

No, that's the reason the Westborough Baptist Church picket soldier's funerals. The Pastor's daughter said so in the Louis Theroux documentary. She said that the soldiers fight for a 'fag enabling governement' and as such their families should be told that their lost sons are going to hell. The Patriot Guard Riders attend funerals in support. Anyone else who protests funerals probably do it for political reasons like anti war etc. Which makes sense, unlike the Westborough Baptist Church.

They're retards. This country enabled us to vote whether we wanted same sex marriage. It lost in most states. So apparently we're not so gay loving.....

Same sex marriage is a whole other problem. In my opinion, it's an event defined by different religions. If we had some other generic and legal term (other than "marriage") for the event, then people may call it whatever they want. I don't understand why BGLT interest groups didn't just push for more civil union legal rights (enough to equate to a marriage, at least).

Marriage between a man and a woman isn't by definition a religious thing, but tradition that has been passed down for several generations and exists among several different religions, the union of a man/woman even exists in atheism. The whole issue with gay marriage Is about not slandering or ruining the tradition by allowing something that was and is still not common among the majority of couples or families. If homosexuals (proper term) want some kind of union, let it be a civil union with the benefits of married couples, let's just not call it a marriage by definition.

Usually a marriage is a sanctity between a man and a woman to prepare raising a family, through natural procreation. Artificial insemination exists solely for the purpose of a sterile male partner. Homosexuals can not naturally procreate since they are one in the same sex , thus have to turn to adoption or artificial insemination (if they are female homosexuals).

When I say I am not the typical definition of a religious person or a christian, I mean I follow my own set of beliefs of what I think it acceptable and not anyone else. I hold a belief in a higher power or god, I hold a belief for my own relief that some kind of afterlife exists, that once you die it truly isn't the end. I also attend church on occasion when I get a chance, since worship, preaching, singing are all very good for the soul and help relieve stress. Also church for the community and gathering, helping out less fortunate people.

However I am a bi myself, I listen to rock/metal music, and play violent video games when I want. I however don't smoke, drink, do drugs, and will never tattoo or pierce my body.

Edited by Xtreme2damax

The Westborough Baptist church are against civil partnerships too. They're against any union or sexual act that isn't between a man and a woman who are married. They don't specify what sexual acts are acceptable between said married man and woman though. One of them says that anyone who 'worships the rectum' is going to hell, refering to gay men. But it makes me wonder. What if a straight, white, god fearing married couple, just happen to like endulging in afternoon anal in their sex swing? Will they go to hell?