1 3/4 C Flour

1 tsp Salt

1 tsp Baking Soda

2 Eggs

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

1 C Raisins

1 tsp Cinnamon

-----------------

REPROVISION EDIT; This is science man!!!: The butter needs to be room temperature. If not room temperature, take them out ahead of time... 2 hours. If you HAVE to melt them in the microwave, only put them in there for 30 sec. You dont really want to do this though, there is a chemical reaction with the sugar and butter you are trying to attain, so you don't want melted butter, it changes the molecular strusture, seperating the water from the butter and it changes the consistency and taste of the final product.

Ok 2 sticks of room temperature butter. Add the Sugar and Brown Sugar and whip them up real good. Add the 2 eggs and Vinalla extract. Mix them well. In a separate mixing bowl, mix the Flour, Baking Soda, Salt and Cinnamon (if your adding raisins) and use a wisk and mix it together perfectly. Add the flour to the butter mix, and mix it well. After its perfect add the Oats (and Raisins) and mix it together. Now your ready to bake.

Now the recipe says cook for 10 - 12 min at 350 degrees, but that must be ... IceCream scoop sized balls, as the cookies I just made took longer to cook.

Adjust you cooking time and temp accordingly. When the edges of the cookie begin to brown, they should be done... but mine weren't. Look at the center of the cookie, if it is gooey looking you gotta leave them in longer... This is a sign that either... your cookies were to big for the settings... or your setting were to high for the cookies. Lower temp and longer time will be the ticket for larger cookies. That way the outside doesn't get burnt while the inside remains raw. But do whatever...

photo122e.jpg4 inch Diameter Cookie

I loooove Oatmeal Cookies!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf? Where is your head today? LoL!

Um... what? My head is in this bowl of Oatmeal cookie dough.

Oatmeal cookies are my fav.

Mine too. My favorite "pie" is cheese cake. pie/cake... I thought... of making a Oatmeal Cookie pie crust for my Cheesecake!!! What do you think?

I'm not big on oatmeal cookies. I'm a peanut butter cookie man myself.

I don't know how to make em, but I know how to eat em!