Play was a Big Succes!

Shoma

YOSHA EVERYONE!!! Long time!

Well the play i wrote and directed(with asst directors) premiered on may 25th and we had about a 110 people show up. THat was pretty good considering all I had under my belt was an amateur play i did when i 16. We had mic problems since our budget was super low, cheap mics were needed, and we paid the price. ALso, my "producer/manager" brought a fog machine (for a club scene)and didnt know how to use it and BAM! Fire Alarm City! SO we had to redo that scene over and thank God the sprinklers didnt go off. lol.

So minus a few rookie actors'(cuz we were dealing with rookie actors...) annoying habits, talking SUPER LOW, nervousness, certain pauses, and the curtain man who was bit confused when to close the curtain, it was perfect!

Constant congrats on and on afterwards, and everyone felt pretty Hollywood-ish during the dinner. I'll have to check to see if my camera-woman took pictures so i can upload some. After the editing gets done, we're gonna be selling the dvds.

Now that that's over and since 1Emu is back up, I will get back on Detecitve Inky.

Yeah, I got my eyes on a film school in Tennesee, but they dont work on stage acting. Strictly film movies.

So Im kinda iffy on that part, but like my dad said.. "If you're not sure, then just do something and make sure you dont fail at it."

Im sure I'll leave with that paper, its just what will it take for me to get really into that career.

*raises glass*

A toast to me getting my name on the credits on multi-million dollar box-office hit/or really famous stage plays^^. Let the good times roll on...

Oh i got a clip of the rehearsal, how do i embed a video i just uploaded?

*raises glass*

A toast to me getting my name on the credits on multi-million dollar box-office hit/or really famous stage plays^^. Let the good times roll on...

Oh i got a clip of the rehearsal, how do i embed a video i just uploaded?

just post the link darling. x

ugh, hold on..Here it is!

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/118614/1005...77716_32880.flv

Man, Im sure I had the embed code right but it still wouldn't go through...

Anyway this was a religious play, and so this was one of the 6 songs they needed to learn. Since directing music isnt my thing i let one of the more experienced singers direct.

OH! And the guy on the KB is my brother.

I do music SHOMA guitar and vocals. Been in a few bands they all dropped threw.

All i can say is DO THE MUSIC YOU WANT TO DO even if the music you like changes MONTHLY or whatever...

I love heavy metal and rock but playing it just did not cut it for me, So I started playing oldies like Cash and buddy holly and donovan, dylan etc.. It seems thats were my music lies, i even sing amazing grace.

The soft side of me is something i want to discover and it appears through older music I get that bond with it all and it works for me.

I stil love to rock out, but imagine singing by your self "why me lord" by cash to a room of 100 people with just you and an acoustic guitar makes me feel all cosey inside.

I do music SHOMA guitar and vocals. Been in a few bands they all dropped threw.

All i can say is DO THE MUSIC YOU WANT TO DO even if the music you like changes MONTHLY or whatever...

I love heavy metal and rock but playing it just did not cut it for me, So I started playing oldies like Cash and buddy holly and donovan, dylan etc.. It seems thats were my music lies, i even sing amazing grace.

The soft side of me is something i want to discover and it appears through older music I get that bond with it all and it works for me.

I stil love to rock out, but imagine singing by your self "why me lord" by cash to a room of 100 people with just you and an acoustic guitar makes me feel all cosey inside.

U basically summed up a deepl part of the play dude,^^. I forgot to mention the play was called "A New Sound".

The play was about those musicians(the ones who were playing) who slowly wanted to play for appreciation, then fame and then just for money.They reached the top and yet still fell short of feeling complete. Our church has churches all over the US(and outside of) and some of our best musicians left because they were treated badly by members. With our veterans slipping away and with no one for the younger musicians to look up to, it seems they are doing the same, and thus i felt a need to write this play. They meet a man who stems them back on the path where they play with their soul(holy spirit if u will) for God.

Religious or not, I believe there is a message in there for any type of musician. Whether it be God or just yourself, don't forget the reason you play, as a drummer I had a hard time with this, trying to make everyone happy until the point where I was fed up and didnt even wanna play anymore. I learned to play for my reasons and that's all I need.

*didnt mean to make a speech*