I don't give a fuck... this show is BADASS. I just finished the 3rd and final season. I am VERY particular when it comes to anime... I usually hate all of it. But this was American made... buuuuut... thats not enough. I also hate American "cartoons" as well. The only shows I really liked from here, was Justice League/Unlimited, Batman, Duck Tales, Hmmmm thats all I can think of. Movies like the Avengers "cartoon" was absolute crap. Bad artwork, bad visualization, bad backgrounds, bad concept, bad everything. American animation is lackluster, and unfortunately, seems to use the same bozoes to make it and/or direct it.

But Avatar... wooow. They set the bar where it needs to be in terms of... well... everything.

Taken from Wiki

Avatar is notable for borrowing extensively from Asian art and mythology to create its fictional universe. The show's character designs are heavily influenced by anime; the show, however, is not considered an "anime" because of its origination in the United States. Explicitly stated influences include Chinese art and history, Japanese anime, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, and Yoga. The production staff employs a cultural consultant, Edwin Zane, to review scripts.

Traditional East Asian calligraphy styles are used for nearly all the writing in the show. For each instance of calligraphy, an appropriate style is used, ranging from seal script (more archaic) to clerical script. The show employs calligrapher Siu-Leung Lee as a consultant and translator.

The choreographed martial art bending moves were profoundly affected by Asian cinema. Western film series such as Star Wars, and literature series such as Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, were a heavy influence in developing the story of Avatar. In an interview, the creators revealed that they wanted to tell their own epic "legend & love story."

Dude the show is great! And I generally dislike anime... cause they always drop the ball. The show is short and sweet, and gets the job done! They don't draw shit out like everything else does. If you have not seen it, WATCH IT!

BADASS!!! No really, I fucking love this show!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only like standard american style "funny" cartoons. the only anime that I ever got into was Macross and gundam. but gundam dragged on too long with all the offshoot series.

I only like standard american style "funny" cartoons. the only anime that I ever got into was Macross and gundam. but gundam dragged on too long with all the offshoot series.

Well... Although this show is badass in general... It always has me laughing. My favorite Characters are Sakka and Iroh, They always have me rollin' "Ok your cute... but unfortunately for you, four made of meat."

I finished watching the finale of this show a few months ago. I'd recommend it to anyone who's interested in Anime at all.

See SEEE? BADASSNESS!

There were so many awesome action scenes. But I totally respect the art style. For instance, Door knockers that are detailed lions heads, chinese style. Awesome portraits in 'Ole Japanese style (firelords palace) I can go on and on, but suffice to say, there is ALOT to appreciate. I wanna restart the whole thing again, and... I just got done watching it. It had inspired me. I swear... It's visualized and drawn by guys who get me. I see shit in there that Id see myself coming up with... or rather just really really diggin' the idea. There is no time I can think of where I was like... meh.

I really wish it was longer, man I tell you, I use to check for updates on torrents and anime sites daily for new episodes. I remember there being a stall somewhere in Season 3, some kind of mishap with writers which delayed the series for about a month or so. There are some really funny moments in the anime, the voice acting is spectacular, the characters are excellent, everything about it was satisfying, the only downside is how long you had to wait for each episode to be released. Then once you watch the new episode, you have to wait longer for the next.

Well I pretty much watched them all during the update here. I saw a few episodes before, which peaked my interests. Like... where the episode where King Bumi, the old earth bender guy "mad geneous", who was Aangs friend before he disappeared. At the end, he was standing Akimbo, and fell backward straight through the ground, then shot out of the rock on the other side with a Dragon Punch right out of the floor... My jaw dropped. The show is filled with moments where it was well... badass. Fighting syles, hell, even dancing! remember when Aang did the rising Phoenis and whatever the other dance was?

Whatever. Yea it's a shame the show is done. They made it short and sweet. But thats ok, because that means the powers that be couldn't get their hands on it and make it into something that it's not.

I saw a few episodes back in season one, I was mighty impressed, but decided to postponed my viewing of it until it finished. Now that it has, I'll go back to it sooner or later :P.

Ok, I had to double post.

First, I know this is old, but...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/

M.Night is directing it, so I have mixed feelings.

Second

I'm now "buying" all the episodes, when they arrive I will post up my impression of the entire show (although I expect it to not disappoint).

Laters

It will NOT disappoint. The anime that is... that movie... looks like it's going to be "wack"

Really, I'm going to watch them all over again. It has alot of badass moments, alot of laughs too, for me. And alot of artistic awesomeness for me to appreciate. I am actually going to study the show, in all their art decisions. Have fun watching them.

Really, I'm going to watch them all over again. It has alot of badass moments, alot of laughs too, for me. And alot of artistic awesomeness for me to appreciate. I am actually going to study the show, in all their art decisions. Have fun watching them.

Well respected comment.

I might try to re-watch them, I can do so without having to wait weeks and months between seasons and episodes.