My 360

I haven't played Armored Core in a long time. I think the last one I played was 3 on PS2. My brother got me into it. Was fun. But I had way more fun playing Front Mission 3.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are great... apples and oranges though.

Armored Core... has more stuff, which is too bad because FM is an RPG. I can't wait to open this game up and get tons of stuff.

Yea armored core games become the best... to those like me, when you have a ton of parts and your swapping this and that out and begin tweaking one way or another. I am not exaggerating when I say I've spent HOURS on just one mech before. It was a light AC and I was trying to get the perfect combo of Generator, Radiator and Boosters, alog with every other part also tweaked so there isnt much energy loss and heat build up. Seems easy enough...

• 2 weeks later...

I still give GoW2 a perfect score... even though the AI is STUPID!

Since im still offline, I'm forced to play the multiplayer modes with bots. I'll go in like I do with people, but the bots don't support. The bots don't like to revive. I actually watched my team after I died, and one guy got downed, and another guy was right near him, was totally open to revive, and just walked the other way to engage elsewhere!!!! And I'll watch my teammates when I die to see whats going on. There will be one guy just chillin by himself, not helping at all. He will literally be hiding. And they also dont like to dodge. When they come under fire, they just stand there absorbing it all. FUCKING DODGE OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

The AI is rancid. They didn't even try... as the game is most likely gonna be played by people. But it reminds me of an advanced Unreal Tournament. I say this, because they follow you through walls. My teammate was totally focused on a target he couldn't have possible have seen, so it works off knowing where everyone is at all times then all the other action rolls from there. BS if you ask me. Im no programmer, but I know I can revolutionize AI. I know I can. ARGH. But I'll continue. Ill memorize these maps soon enough.

I popped GoW2 in today, and went through the multiplayer training. yeah that's enough for me. I just can't stand that game.

number 1 I don't like cover based shooters. I like the ability to run and gun.

number 2 the blind fire feels way to inaccurate. and if your gonna pop out of cover, you might as well be running and gunning.

Number 3 I HATE the no respawn multiplayer. I HATE it.

I popped GoW2 in today, and went through the multiplayer training. yeah that's enough for me. I just can't stand that game.

number 2 the blind fire feels way to inaccurate. and if your gonna pop out of cover, you might as well be running and gunning.

answer 1 Well this IS definite cover based. You can move a bit, but you gotta be good, but still even then you gotta cover. I like it, its a good Yang to my Unreal Tournament Yin. I love UT.

answer 2 It is... but I like it

Answer 3 Sounds like Warzone gametype, or maybe Wingman. You should try Annex or King of the hill. But, since the game is cover style... you wont like it anyway. But yea, warzone and wingman are the only pvp one life modes. Save Horde mode.

It's too bad. I love the game.

Which brings me to this. I don't have gold, so I didn't know. Apparently there is alot of complaints about the lagg in public multiplayer. I know hpw people bitch about anything, but there are ALOT of complaints. There also seem to be a few bugs that have yet to be worked out... (if they get worked out) I'm kinda scared to see what comes of my gameplay when I go gold. No one here likes GOW except Smilee, and none of my friends really play, If im forced to go private matches to have consistent gameplay, but no friends to play with... wtf will I do!? lol

answer 1 Well this IS definite cover based. You can move a bit, but you gotta be good, but still even then you gotta cover. I like it, its a good Yang to my Unreal Tournament Yin. I love UT.

answer 2 It is... but I like it

Answer 3 Sounds like Warzone gametype, or maybe Wingman. You should try Annex or King of the hill. But, since the game is cover style... you wont like it anyway. But yea, warzone and wingman are the only pvp one life modes. Save Horde mode.

It's too bad. I love the game.

Which brings me to this. I don't have gold, so I didn't know. Apparently there is alot of complaints about the lagg in public multiplayer. I know hpw people bitch about anything, but there are ALOT of complaints. There also seem to be a few bugs that have yet to be worked out... (if they get worked out) I'm kinda scared to see what comes of my gameplay when I go gold. No one here likes GOW except Smilee, and none of my friends really play, If im forced to go private matches to have consistent gameplay, but no friends to play with... wtf will I do!? lol

Well you could always go by that Top Gun quote for that wingman gametype lol.

There's plenty of lag in multiplayer no doubt, but that was about 2 months ago before I played with the latest patch. It's been a while since I played online, but the last time went pretty smoothly. However some matches were just terrible with extreme lag spikes. You just have to be lucky and not get frustrated. If you get a good game running then you're all set.

Yea looks as if the lagg is still bad, but not as much. Read average ping of 175-200. Im not sure wtf is up. There are no dedicated servers, so your box might be randomly selected to host. WTF did they do for #1? Is it as simple as less complex coding?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have been practicing at So Cal IV since I got it. I have a long way to go... I gotta get better if I don't want to get owned. My mind needs to quicken if I wanna pull off repels too. I seem to be a step or so behind. That and Im just not acclimated or synchronized with the game yet. I'm too inexperienced. Can't wait to hook my 360 to the net though. Almost ready.

Ok I have been practicing at So Cal IV since I got it. I have a long way to go... I gotta get better if I don't want to get owned. My mind needs to quicken if I wanna pull off repels too. I seem to be a step or so behind. That and Im just not acclimated or synchronized with the game yet. I'm too inexperienced. Can't wait to hook my 360 to the net though. Almost ready.

SCIV lag badly too unless you find someone near to play with you. Current fighting games that have the best online is SSF2THDREMIX, SFIV, Blazblue and MVC2.

OK did some reading. When I was at gamestop, I saw Fallout 3 used for $54 when it's 59 new. There are 5 total DLC's and teach cost 800 pts 10.00 so thats another $50, but mid October the GOTY comes out and obviously has all 5 add-ons and is $59.99... So I'm gonna wait. ALRIGHT!!! save me some coin!