My 360

I am NOT getting Oblivion. That game IS oblivion to me.

lies.

Oblivion has awesome glitches. The music relaxes me.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every one hates on Oblivion. I see nothing wrong with it myself. And I LOVED Morrowind.

You obviously never caught the vampirism disease and had to restart after being trapped outside during the daylight.

yeah I became a vampire at the end of the black hand missions. I remained a vampire for a while, then did the mission to cure myself. I didn't encounter any game breaking bugs during that time.

LOL @ SKYTHE

Well I don't like the battle system mainly. Other than that the game was great. Ya see, I hate limits. I hate Max level 99 on any game, I hate max stats of 255 on FF and DQ. I just hate limitations. I believe there should be no cap, just ridiculous XP requirements... In Morrowind, there was no cap on how high a skill can go, just a cap on natural levels. You can buff yourself to ridiculousness. Sure you may think that breaks a game... but it's fun and rewarding if you put the time into it. In Oblivion, 100 is max. I made an outfit that brought my sword skill to what... 140? and it did NOTHING to help the paralyze rate of stab. Which IMO it should have. Same goes for Alchemy. I think the potions should have had a longer duration and stronger effect with a skill of 140. They focused so much on not letting the game be broken, but they let the reflect damage attribute pass. WTF? My friend didn't even have to attack anymore. It reflects Physical AND magical alike. He was reflecting 45% back... and that seems to go against their "no brake" they were so concerned about.

OK funny story while I'm talking about Oblivion. You know when you murder someone your visited by the dark brotherhood or whatever their called right? Well by the time this happened to me, I had a badass house near where the Vampires stay. All the way south, and just to the West of the center of the world map. Anyway, I rested in my bed, and woke up to this guy feeding me an ultimatum. I said... Fuck you BITCH... coming into MY house and threatening ME!!! So I killed his ass on the spot. I took his robe... 'cause it was a sweet black one... but... dude was dead. And I couldn't remove him like you can in Morrowind. So I had a naked guy dead in my bedroom. I'm the kind of guy who puts shit on the shelves and desks and such, make it look lived in. So everything was perfect... as this was the BEST crib... so I was pretty pissed... I first propped him on the chair, but still, I had a naked guy sitting on a chair in my room.... gaaaaaaaay. lol. So I eventually dragged him and stuffed him in sideways behind the bed. Almost good enough. You couldn't see him unless you walked up to the wall and looked down the back. But still... there is a naked guy in my room, difference was... he's stuffed behind my bed. still gaaaaaay. heh.

Well I finally finished all the Mage Guild's quests and killed off that necromancer. I got that sweet staff where it re-animates corpses. I used it on that bastard and walked his ass right out of my house! He was in my room for weeks! I don't remember why, but I didn't take him outside the walls, so he was laying dead behind someone's house. At least I got him out of my Room... much less my house.

But anyway, I put 150 hours into that game, so I am entitled to say it sucks lol. Not that you said I didn't... I'm just sayin' Oh yea another thing... no jump spell, as methinks the game would freeze. Ohhh how many times Morrowind would freeze when I jumped from Balmora all the way across the Island due East. LOL I fucking loved Morrowind. I was the Apocalypse. I once got my intelligence past 1,000,000,000... but the game froze... Yea I froze the game alot but I was testing shit out. They could have at least threw us a bone in Oblivion... and let our skills calculate past 100!!! BASTARDS!

You obviously never caught the vampirism disease and had to restart after being trapped outside during the daylight.

yeah I became a vampire at the end of the black hand missions. I remained a vampire for a while, then did the mission to cure myself. I didn't encounter any game breaking bugs during that time.

I was actually one step away to rid of the disease when the old bitch wouldn't let me do talk to her. When you're stuck outside during the day you can't auto travel anywhere cuz you're taking damage from the sun so I thought I could kill her just so I can be in the house. Wrong. She summoned weird shit and started beating my ass. I attempted to go into the nearest cave but it was near enough. I died.

So I restarted the game and made my new character a lizard since they have 75% disease resistance and can breath underwater. I hadn't finished the game yet. I want to though I've just gotten tired of having to restart so many times cuz the game became absolutely unbeatable. And the game takes forever when you master in marksmanship and sneak.

The first time I had to restart was because I accidently attacked the dude that sold poisons and lockpicks outside the main city in the middle of the map. And I was almost done with the Thieves Guild at this point.

lies.

The Music is veeeeery soothing

lies.

The Music is veeeeery soothing

It is. Its also very lonely.

Playing Oblivion on 360 means you miss out on the millions of mods you can have on the PC version. Same for Fallout 3.