My 360

I FINALLY got my 360!!! I've had it for... 4 days now. I was walking by a FYI and they had 360's with 100 dollar rebates. So... I picked up an Elite. Figured I'd spend the same amount of cash as if it were a 60 gig regular, but get double HDD, Plus the HDMI cable, AND the badass color.

I'm not gold yet, but I will be. Soon enough I guess. I bought RE5, and have been chipping away at it slowly, as I don't want to absolutely destroy the only real game I have.

So yea... I'll be playing with you guys after a month or so... I'm sooo out of practice, and my collection of games is non-existent. Next on the list??? Mmmm I really want to get GOW2 brand new... But 2 shooters... Perhaps I'll get an RPG or a Fighter...

Well anyway... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grats on the new console! hopefully we'll be able to get together and game sometime soon.

my 360 is starting to act up. it doesn't want to read most of my discs for about 30 minutes after I turn it on.

Congratulations :)

RPG's can be somewhat lacking on the 360. I'd go for Sonic's Genesis Collection as it has Phantasy Star 1-4 on it :lol:

May want to give Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, or Star Ocean a try.

grats on the new console! hopefully we'll be able to get together and game sometime soon.

my 360 is starting to act up. it doesn't want to read most of my discs for about 30 minutes after I turn it on.

Sh!!!!t That sucks man! Well, kick it!

RPG's can be somewhat lacking on the 360. I'd go for Sonic's Genesis Collection as it has Phantasy Star 1-4 on it :lol:

yea... lacking indeed. Im going to grab Star Ocean. Then eventually I'll get Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect. Hows Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery? I can never go by anyones published score system. Dragons Age comes out OCT 20th, I'll likely pick that up too.

I recommend Eternal Sonata. Also, please make sure, when running your Elite, that it's NOT on the carpet, and that it has much space to breathe.

I have seen it, and I cannot abide this game. It is too... not my thing. I know it's a "good" game and it's from a long line of great games... but. It's too cute. I don't do cute.

Thanks for the advice, but Id never do that, I treat my toys with the utmost care.

Sh!!!!t That sucks man! Well, kick it!

yea... lacking indeed. Im going to grab Star Ocean. Then eventually I'll get Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect. Hows Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery? I can never go by anyones published score system. Dragons Age comes out OCT 20th, I'll likely pick that up too.

I recommend Eternal Sonata. Also, please make sure, when running your Elite, that it's NOT on the carpet, and that it has much space to breathe.

I have seen it, and I cannot abide this game. It is too... not my thing. I know it's a "good" game and it's from a long line of great games... but. It's too cute. I don't do cute.

Thanks for the advice, but Id never do that, I treat my toys with the utmost care.

I finished Infinite Undiscovery recently and I really liked it tbh. The voice acting is horrendous and the characters are ridiculous at times but the game has a charm to it. The achievements are pretty fun too. There is a lot of walking around in the game though. The action-RPG style of it makes it easy to grind and such although it can be somewhat annoying to sheath/unsheath sword every time you see an enemy.

I liked the artwork and music and the battle system was good too, just didn't manage to complete it. The only non-cute, non-childish JRPG is Lost Odyssey, but the random battles wore me down. Star Ocean and/or Blue Dragon are better IMO if you can stomach the occasional annoying characters, and both have non-random encounters. Oblivion/Fallout 3 are the obvious choices for Western RPGs though obviously a better choice for your PC instead :P

I can't make any suggestions about jRPGs cuz they suck. but Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and Oblivion are good choices for wRPGs. If you are planning to get on live soon I would look into something with solid multiplayer.

I think MvC2 comes out next week!!

Oh hell yea I'm getting Fallout 3, you guys better believe it... but I am NOT getting Oblivion. That game IS oblivion to me.

MvC2 lol that damn game... Too many hours have I spent on this game... Id like to go for Some So-Cal 4, and Tekken 6 when It comes out... I might get SFHD Remix but not SF4.

I want to get some XBLA games too. Geometry Wars 2 and Bionic Commando Rearmed.