Welcome Back to 1Emulation.Com v4.0 BETA!

Well I'm using a mac, so Safari is the browser... But that shouldn't matter... Unless only I see my old avatar...

Which do you see?

Alright... had to clear my cache. Works fine... but that pic looks way better at a larger size... it's still a work in progress... so dont judge me too harshley. lol

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To echo GC's post, there were just too many things wrong with the unofficial add-ons to make it worthwhile to keep them, especially the arcade. So many bugs including one I found that IPB regarded as a sign of unprofessionalism by those who coded it. And its something that could have been addressed in about 5 minutes with one line of code.

That was the main source of the lengthy upgrade - beta-testing someone else's garbage. The arcade is a poorly written hack at best - and a massive breach of security at the worst. I'm glad its gone.

The FAS has one bug that I feel is fairly minor, as I figured out how to resolve it. However, GC decided to wait on the coder's for an official fix - since there may be more beneath the surface that I didn't see. A wise decision. I'm sure it will be addressed soon.

To echo GC's post, there were just too many things wrong with the unofficial add-ons to make it worthwhile to keep them, especially the arcade. So many bugs including one I found that IPB regarded as a sign of unprofessionalism by those who coded it. And its something that could have been addressed in about 5 minutes with one line of code.

That was the main source of the lengthy upgrade - beta-testing someone else's garbage. The arcade is a poorly written hack at best - and a massive breach of security at the worst. I'm glad its gone.

The FAS has one bug that I feel is fairly minor, as I figured out how to resolve it. However, GC decided to wait on the coder's for an official fix - since there may be more beneath the surface that I didn't see. A wise decision. I'm sure it will be addressed soon.

The arcade is one of the most awesome things on a gaming/emulation forum. :D

Did 1emulation have the IbProArcade modification installed? I remember hearing of problems with that particular version, reading that it contained an SQL injection vulnerability/exploit which is why I started using the IpbCoding arcade system on my community.

I hope the arcade system will make a comeback in the future, as I would love to challenge some of the folks here. :lol:

The arcade is one of the most awesome things on a gaming/emulation forum. :D

Did 1emulation have the IbProArcade modification installed? I remember hearing of problems with that particular version, reading that it contained an SQL injection vulnerability/exploit which is why I started using the IpbCoding arcade system on my community.

I hope the arcade system will make a comeback in the future, as I would love to challenge some of the folks here. :lol:

It was IbProArcade but even the newest versions are not right. The more we dug, the less right we learned it was. Don't count on it coming back anytime soon.

You might have to close all your browsers, delete all your cookies and try again.

I found when I changed skins, it kept showing the wrong skin on the index page but I pressed F5 a few times and it fixed itself permanently.

I am logged off everytime I leave the site. It never used to do that before.

I think that's because the URL you have bookmarked is without the "www." in the front of the address (i.e. 1emulation.com/forums) and no matter what, the new redirect page for just 1emulation.com or www.1emulation.com will send you to the URL with the "www." (i.e. www.1emulation.com/forums). I'm guessing that's what's going on. Check the bookmarks and URL you're visiting to enter 1Emulation.

P.S. I don't have the problem.

:P You got it back right when it's time for me to go......damn.

But it loooks nicer but I'm missing the last posts thing! Im looking forward to when that's back.

Any news on when the FAS will be back, and the last 8 posts/top poster? Also what's the suprising new feature and when's that coming?