Cobra Commander Needs YOU!

The whole world will be ruled by me, Cobra Commander!

03stormshadowcobracommander.jpg

Cobra Commander is the most menacing looking, yet ridiculous sounding villain ever. However in the UK, you may not have heard of him. When I was still young enough to play with action figures, I had a load of Action Man stuff. In the early 1990’s, Action Men were essentially licensed copies of G.I. Joes.

My first figures were Cobra Commander, and Duke. I thought that Cobra's blue KKK like hood was awesome, and was kinda upset that he was a villain, coz he looked so much cooler than the Action Men themselves, except for maybe Snake Eyes. The figures then had awesome big guns that made a firing noise when you pushed a button and an LED that lit up.

Shortly after that though, Action Man broke away from G.I Joe to form its own identity. A new villain was made, Dr. X; a bald guy with a long pony tail and a different robotic body part every time he was re-released. He was a mad scientist, not the leader of an international terrorist organisation. He was not as cool.

I wish that Cobra Commander had remained the villain of the Action Men, as you couldn’t get G.I Joe in the UK, nor did we get the G.I Joe cartoons which I’ve seen bits of on youtube. We have in recent years had Action Man cartoons and video games though.

So who is better? Cobra or X? Action Man or G.I. Joe? Why was a live action film version made of G.I. Joe last year staring Dennis Quaid and Christopher Eccleston?

Discuss.

the Cobra guys were always cooler and better designed then the Joes. as far as action figures go. Snake Eye's was the only cool looking Joe Figure. but Cobra had, 2 versions of Cobra Commander, Destro, Zartan and his punk rock henchmen, Major Blood, Hell even the regular Cobra soldiers were 10x cooler then any of the named Joes.

How big is the average G.I Joe? From pictures I've seen most seem a lot smaller than Action Men. Every Action Man I've ever owned is 12 inches tall.

the old G. I. Joes were 12 inches. then in the early 80's when I played with them they were about 4 inches. I guess now you can get them in both sizes.

i miss all the joe action figures and acces. i had when i was a kid. i had about 50 figures,both bases, planes and assorted vehicles. good times, anyways inky is right cobra member costumes were always kewler than the joes. cobra won a lot of the imaginary battles just cuz they had the cooler clothes at my house lol.

So what's up with the commander's face? How come he always wears the mask/helmet?

• 4 weeks later...
Shredder + the Foot Clan > Cobra Commander + Cobra Command

Been wanting to say this for 3 weeks. Above = Not true.