Anyone reccomend the next step for my graphics card needs?

emsley

I currently have an 8800 GS - slimline -

And testing a few games realised that I'm just above water for osme of the more insane games out there, can anyone say which card I should get next?

Money is a little tight... :)

And testing a few games realised that I'm just above water for osme of the more insane games out there, can anyone say which card I should get next?

Bah, overclock it! There are some software tools out there that can overclock an nvidia card pretty well. ^^

I'm using nvidia's software and have got my card overclocked ~35% without any issues (though I do have an extra fan for it in the slot above it). ^^

Sound like your recent graphic card is strong enough for running latest release. Test here http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest I guess your card may be successful on at-least recommended requirement. But some games not included here. Which card is next? Then you already know.....higher capability than this, you need money of-course.

Yeah think i'll be going over 170£ for my next upgrade to be considered big enough.

My RIG chucks some right heat out when I'm palying games, maybe I could overclock it a bit but had no need to so far, I'm looking to get GTA 4 next week but Read a lot of dodgy stuff about it, like its a lazy port and you have to tweak it all manually, installs loads of bullshit etc...

Yeah think i'll be going over 170£ for my next upgrade to be considered big enough.

My RIG chucks some right heat out when I'm palying games, maybe I could overclock it a bit but had no need to so far, I'm looking to get GTA 4 next week but Read a lot of dodgy stuff about it, like its a lazy port and you have to tweak it all manually, installs loads of bullshit etc...

Ridiculous! If I can play Mirror's Edge, GTA4, COD5, Assassin's Creed, etc just fine with my OC'd (and shhiitty) 8600gt, you shouldn't have a huge problem with an 8800. ^^ Unless of course, you expect to have the settings at ultra max...