BritneysPAIRS asks for *** FBA 1.28 Bugs***

Why 1.28 and not 1.29?

code is way to buggy for what it offers.... ill add in games added in proper FBA like powerdrift and Gforce 2 if I can but wont alter stuff thats working

what does it bring in the way of extras ice ive never loaded it as everyone says its buggy. ? if its latest rom set you can forget me ever touching it as I dont want to reinvent the wheel

Jesus Christ...

Here goes Cospefogo again babbling about the COIN BUTTON!

This is a verified bug by +T+ on FBA 1.28.

The coin button can not be remapped!

Matter of fact it can, the option is there, but the change does not make any effect!

Thanks,

C.

Hello everybody. I am new here, but not to the retro scene. I have played version 1.28 since the day it was released. BritneysPAIRS, you are the MAME guy right? Well I really like what you have done with the CoinOps Ignite version.

1.28 bugs are that some games just hang at the loading screen when you start them in 720P mode. This happened with these encrypted NeoGeo sets: Metal Slug 3, KOF 99, KOF 2000, Samsho5, Samsho5 SP, Rage of the Dragons, and Garou Mark of the wolves. And some of the Cave games (such as Guwange and Esprade) do not start in HD mode.

The later fully decrypted sets like KOF 99d, KOF 2000d, MSlug3d, freeze when goin into the menu.

The 1.28 sound core also seems inaccurate to the real hardware. I own a few cps2 boards as well as a NeoGeo AES machine so I know. You have very accurate sound on Coinops Ignite. FBA needs this to be fixed too.

In non-HD mode, there is pops and cracks in the sound but not on HD mode.

It would be cool if you could just port the latest FBA. I have read that the code of 1.28 is sloppy. The HD mode will not start unless widescreen is enabled on the regular dashboard. I read that you have fixed this, which is good.

Fatal Fury 2 and Fatal Fury Special save states will load with the timer at almost zero. This is a bug.

Good luck with the project!!!!

I'm not exactly sure about the changes between 1.28 and 1.29. One thing I do know as I told Cospefogo earlier, is that 1.29c does now allow the coin button to be remapped. A few games were added, some bugs fixed, HD support was fixed on most NeoGeo games. I don't know what else, probably lots of little things.

The romset for 1.29 is mame v0.30, and I think it was for 1.28 as well. In 99% of cases the new mame v0.31 roms will work on 1.29 as well as not much has been changed for v0.31, at least as far as the games FBA supports are concerned. I don't have any great need for the latest romset, but it's nice to have it, as it's easier to get hold of the latest set from mame rom sites.

If you are going to work on FBA I'd start with the latest revision of 1.29c. Or wait for Kenshiro to release his final build and take a look at that. Seems to me that starting with 1.28 is taking a step back before you take any steps forward. But then I don't know anything about code.

Edited by The-Ice-Man

I just got 1.29c off another site and tried it out. It definitely has fixed all of the bugs I listed with 1.28. It seems to have a problem running Capcom games in HD, but that can be fixed just like the other bugs were.

1.29c, from what I can see, is the best starting point for working on a new FBA version. Ice-Man is correct.

For this stuff I will need a proper tester..... im unsure as I never use FBAxxx but I want to make a prettier more simple arcade launcher that plays some of my favs better (SFA3) the features in FBA are very good but they are a bit all over the place IMO and just placed in. People I know that used this EMU along time ago used to never find games like metal slugs, as they didnt realise they where there(L R trigger issue) CoinOPS never had these issues with little ones that grabed it and played as I observed (tested on many kids that never use EMUs)

Was just playing some Metal Slug. You seem to dislike FBA's four category view. Just to point out that you can disable the four menus so that all roms appear in one list. Not having an L/R button on your controller isn't an issue then. Also you can keep the four categories and still navigate them without L/R buttons by selecting the arcade controller UI navigation option. Basically makes it so that black and white move left and right between menus instead of L/R.

any more?

yeah If you're planning to keep the 'moves' option, i would like to see some improvement

about it ex : the chosen linefeed lenght is a little bit too short imo (i tested the

array size to 100 without any problems in kenshiro's sources).

And i think the way it handles the moves menu is way too messy right now, it actually keeps me away from

using it.

Edited by Garcimak