BritneysPAIRS asks for *** FBA vs CoinOPS Thoughts***

BritneysPAIRS

At the end of the day what im saying is im going to work on it with my own vision one way or the other...... its up to you guys to enlightnen me on my way the issues at the top of thread for and against im asking about if they are correct. I stated CPS2 slow down so this stuff is clutter to the thread to tell me that it is better as I stated at the start I know this to be true. Please I need to make the list at the start of thread as acurate as poss so I can direct myself and my time.....

Cheers Guys

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes down to it, what's your goal with FBA? The impression I get is that it's one of two things. Either to take FBA as it is for it's ability to accurately emulate the heavy games, like SFA3, MvC etc, and then dress it up to look like CoinOps coz you prefer it's interface, sorting, autofire etc.

Or, you want to take CoinOps, which you're already happy with, and give it FBA's ability to play the heavy games really well.

I'm not sure the first one would serve much purpose, as it'd still be FBA, with its select number of games, only tailored to your personal preferences in looks and features.

The second one, would mean you'd have CoinOps, with its much larger set of games, only the big bad CPS2 fighters wouldn't be a problem for it to run anymore. That would be something useful, for those who like the older games, as well as the new ones.

Of course we're talking a serious fusion of two fundamentally different programs there. A major step of which would probably be updating to FBA's newer romset, as it's the new versions of the CPS2 roms that FBA can run so perfectly, not the old ones.

Ultimately I think it seems that you don't like FBA, but you like what it can do. It can run the later Capcom fighters as if it were on the real board, and then add hardware and software filters on top of it to boot, without dropping in framerate. Which is pretty impressive. If it could play SFA3 Upper as well, I wouldn’t have any need for my copy of SFA Anthology on the PS2 anymore.

Edited by The-Ice-Man

my aim is to tidy the FBA interface...... so I need to know where it can be improved its as simple as making it work easily. The design phiosopy ill be using is diff from CoinOPS as sort though 1000s of games isnt needed. So just to relayout settings add a few more options redo some keymapping stuff and improve skin engine...remove multi layer aproach with Left/Right tabs at least an option to flatten it completely

Ummm I like FBA as an engine alot better than CoinOPS its a bit mixed up layout wise but the bones of the Emulator are greater than CoinOPS. I would have choosen FBA for sure to improve in the past but the biggest let down is there are 100s of good games missing so I went with Mameox

So will you try to add any games to FBA?

CoinOps can play the following games (that I'm interested in), where FBA can't: 64th Street, Air Duel, Asterix, Asura Blade, Blade Master, Caliber 50, Captain America, Cyvern, Dragoon Might, Dungeon Magic, Gunbird 2, Ninja Baseball Batman, Rampage World Tour, Raiden Fighters 1,2+Jet (I think you said you could get Jet to work), Revenge of Death Adder, R-Type 1+2, Shadow Dancer, Spiderman, Splatterhouse. Then although they may not ever be possible to get running properly with sound, Mortal Kombat 1,2,3+UMK3 and Strikers 1945 2+3. If FBA had all these then that'd be it for me, I'd have everything I want to play in one place. I'm sure most could be added to FBA without problem, but they were missed for whatever reason.

CoinOps can play the following games (that I'm interested in), where FBA can't: 64th Street, Air Duel, Asterix, Asura Blade, Blade Master, Caliber 50, Captain America, Cyvern, Dragoon Might, Dungeon Magic, Gunbird 2, Ninja Baseball Batman, Rampage World Tour, Raiden Fighters 1,2+Jet (I think you said you could get Jet to work), Revenge of Death Adder, R-Type 1+2, Shadow Dancer, Spiderman, Splatterhouse. Then although they may not ever be possible to get running properly with sound, Mortal Kombat 1,2,3+UMK3 and Strikers 1945 2+3. If FBA had all these then that'd be it for me, I'd have everything I want to play in one place. I'm sure most could be added to FBA without problem, but they were missed for whatever reason.

raiden fighters1and jet dont work in coinops.

shadow dancer and a lot of the system 16 games like altered beast,eswat,wonderboy3 worked on an earlier biuld of fbaxxx that kenshiro had for testing last year.

strikers 19452and 3 and a lot of games that work to well with sound go into settings turn off frameskip and put sound quality to low,strikers 1945 3 plays great this way.

for the mk1,2,3and ultimate and also rampage world tour use mameox0.72,they play great on there with sound or you can try using the settings that i mentioned above.

there is also the standalone with the games ripped from the xbox midway treasures(mk1,2and3)they play perfect.