Emus you should try on xbox!

fumanchu

Does WinuaeX play CD32 games ok? I definitely want the Alien Breed games, and the CD32 version is the best version of Tower Assault coz it has the fmvs. I just wondering if there are any Amiga games that the xbox would have trouble with. Coz the Amiga spans so much different hardware.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does WinuaeX play CD32 games ok? I definitely want the Alien Breed games, and the CD32 version is the best version of Tower Assault coz it has the fmvs. I just wondering if there are any Amiga games that the xbox would have trouble with. Coz the Amiga spans so much different hardware.

Yeah bro, CD32 is okay on WinuaeX. I only had trouble with a couple of games, can't remember which ones. Think it comes down

to getting a good image dump of the game in question.

The only ones I have had trouble with getting to work in WinuaeX are the more advanced ones, that use AGA RTG chips CD based ones...

Other than that though, it truly rocks!

I must admit I'm a little confused about all the acronyms. There's lots of them. On Lemon Amiga, one of the games listed, Simon the Sorcerer II, says under hardware: AGA, RTG, PPC, Pegados, CD-ROM. Does that mean there's five different versions of the game available? Or that it requires all of those things? For Tower Assault there's two entries, one the CD32, the other ECS/AGA. Abuse says ECS/AGA/RTG. It's all a bit confusing for someone who's never actually even seen an Amiga. Is there maybe a list of games that work properly on WinuaeX?

Not sure about a list of games...I just know from my own experience. Just get ECS or AGA games from Zophars (see below)

Don't worry about all the other acronyms, just get games that use either ECS (standard amiga system), AGA (better graphics etc) or CD32 games.

I personally use zophars for my Amiga stuff (pm sent)... Once a game loads, do a save state so that you don't have to wait for loading

next time you play it. :D

EDIT:(use lemon-amiga to see what games you want, then zophars to get em')

Edited by NEIL222

Thanks for the info mate. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I tried the CD32 version, video was choppy as hell, but the gameplay is ok. The AGA version works perfectly, of course that doesn't have the video though. I think the only way to play Tower Assualt and watch the intro and outro movies properly is to download the PC CD-Rom version and run it under Dosbox. I did that just to see what the intro was like as I'd never seen it before. I only used to have the demo on pc. The acting is terrible. I mean really bad. I'm an actor myself, and I can safely say I've never seen worse in a video game FMV. After seeing the intro I'm not bothered about seeing the outro, so I'm just gonna keep the AGA version in my WinUAEX rom folder. The Alien Breeds are the best games on Amiga hands down. Nothing else comes close.

Im having a weird trouble with alien breed.

Every time i start the game, the amiga cd 32 screens appears, with a cd spinning, so enters in a screen with a KEY and two locks, one green and othe red. I just cant get the game to work, can anybody help me?

see ya and thanks!

I remember the same thing happening when I first tried a CD32 game. It means your settings are wrong. I don't remember what settings you need off hand, but try highlighting Alien Breed in the game list and pressing x to modify the settings. Then go to select machine defaults, and choose CD32 1MB FastRAM, then good compatibility/faster. Then press b to start the game and see if it works.

I'm assuming you're actually using an ISO of the CD32 version of Tower Assault. If it's any other version of Alien Breed then you don't need to use the CD32 settings, you'll need to use one of the regular Amiga machine setups. A1200 with 4mb ram expansion should work for all the other Alien Breeds.

• 4 weeks later...