Emus you should try on xbox!

fumanchu

Well I have AVP 1+2 on PC, I don't need those on xbox. I've just always wondered what the jaguar version was like, coz from what I've seen it's like Alien Trilogy for Saturn/PSX only much higher res. And of course with the ability to play as the predator.

never tried it on the jag but i can tell you that you need a 2ghz processor just to run a jag emu on pc so getting one to work on xbox.....dont think it will happen.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'll try it on the PC sometime. It's pretty much the only game on Jaguar I'm interested in.

Maybe I'll try it on the PC sometime. It's pretty much the only game on Jaguar I'm interested in.

yeah there wasnt a lot on jaguar to get excited about well tempest 2000 maybe.

• 1 month later...

Now that you all mention...in the sega genesis emulator for xbox ( i have v21 ), when you try to play sonic cd, apears a screen that reads " initialize memory card or format memory card " stuff...so my question is.....:P what do i have to do to play tis rom?:s...cause w/about if i format....then would the entire hard disk will be formated?! :s just a question :o

Now that you all mention...in the sega genesis emulator for xbox ( i have v21 ), when you try to play sonic cd, apears a screen that reads " initialize memory card or format memory card " stuff...so my question is.....:P what do i have to do to play tis rom?:s...cause w/about if i format....then would the entire hard disk will be formated?! :s just a question ;)

don't worry :o

just go ahead and format it, that will set up the cd stuff, you only need to do it once, then all cd games should work.

Edited by silkworm

When the sega CD logo comes up, press the red button (think it s the red one! At work now), this takes you to a "cd player" looking screen...

Go to "memory"

Format your RAM (or something similar), don't worry it only does the game RAM!

(Whatever happens, it won't bugger your Xbox)

Go to save & exit, or save (can't remember at the mo)

When you go back to the game, it will be sweet.

BTW, this also works if you don't get sound in some SEGA CD games. :P

Ha ha, just seen silkworms post, while I was typing you posted your one

Edited by NEIL222

When the sega CD logo comes up, press the red button (think it s the red one! At work now), this takes you to a "cd player" looking screen...

Go to "memory"

Format your RAM (or something similar), don't worry it only does the game RAM!

(Whatever happens, it won't bugger your Xbox)

Go to save & exit, or save (can't remember at the mo)

When you go back to the game, it will be sweet.

BTW, this also works if you don't get sound in some SEGA CD games. :D

Ha ha, just seen silkworms post, while I was typing you posted your one

:D thanx so much ahahaha it did run well ahahahahahah i was just afraid of xd....thatnx to both of you:p

Now that you all mention...in the sega genesis emulator for xbox ( i have v21 ), when you try to play sonic cd, apears a screen that reads " initialize memory card or format memory card " stuff...so my question is.....:D what do i have to do to play tis rom?:s...cause w/about if i format....then would the entire hard disk will be formated?! :s just a question ;)

don't worry :(

just go ahead and format it, that will set up the cd stuff, you only need to do it once, then all cd games should work.

thans man it did run well :D :D

My first console was a game gear. Never actually had a master system. Skipped that and got mega drive. Then saturn, then dreamcast. Then when sega said they weren't making consoles anymore I cried. Then got xbox. My sister had a ps1 before I got the dreamcast so had a some games for that. Recently bought a ps2 to play them again, as well as PS2 games I'd missed out on. It's only coz of the xbox's power of emulation that I've tried any snes games. Never had a nintendo.

Never had a Nintendo. Wow I thought Nintendo was the King. "cough sarcasm cough"

I don't think I'll ever buy a Nintendo. I started emulating Snes one day out of curiosity, to see the difference between Snes and Mega Drive versions of certain games, then thought I may as well try out others that everyone raved about. But I've still not got round to properly playing any Mario, or Metroid or Zelda.

I only got the GBA emulator coz I wanted to play the old Final Fantasy games, and the GBA versions were quicker to get hold of than the PSX versions. I'll get round to trying out other GBA games though coz there do seem to be some good ones.

One day I might try emulating Gamecube on my PC, but just to play Resident Evil and The Twin Snakes. Nowadays it's only games like those that didn't get a multi platform release that would make me want a Nintendo. A lot of people will have actually gone out and bought a damn Gamecube just to play Resident Evil. But fuck that. It pissed me off to shit that the remake and Zero and 4 never got ported to Xbox, but I wouldn't waste money on a console just for a couple of games. At least I still have the original on PS1 and 4 on PS2. I never understood the Twin Snakes though. Sons of Liberty made it to Xbox, so why didn't The Twin Snakes? They were made around the same time.

As for Wii. I don't want any Wii game. Ever. Look at me I'm hitting teh enemiez with my sword, swish swish, wooo.

Lately I've started trying out emulating systems I've never played. I tried atari7800x but the games are a bit too old school for me. I tried bluemsxbox but the games are all Japaneese, next I want to try x68000x, and then winuaex. I think I've missed out on a lot of good games with the Amiga. I always had a PC, so it was DOS for me. I know a lot of Amiga games were on DOS and I could play those ones in DOSbox, but there must have been a lot of Amiga only games.

Edited by The-Ice-Man