Emus you should try on xbox!

fumanchu

Most people probably have mame,fbaxxxpro,kawa-x,neogenesis,zsnexbox....but there are a tonne of emus out there for the xbox.what systems would you recommend emulating and why?

I play the x68000x emu(sharp x68000)a lot as you get a lot of arcade perfect ports and a load of shooters.

for example final fight where it actually lets you choose between the 3 main characters unlike the snes version.ghoulsnghosts better than the genesis port and strider which i would have to say is better than the genesis port as well.

so what emus do you recommen d that maybe that people dont use?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dega-X, DegaBox and MekaX are Sega Master System/ Game Gear emulators for the xbox. There are some Master system and game gear games worth playing. Their alternate versions of Sonic 1+2, Sonic Chaos, the Lucky Dime Caper and Shinobi 1+2 come to mind.

Dega-X, DegaBox and MekaX are Sega Master System/ Game Gear emulators for the xbox. There are some Master system and game gear games worth playing. Their alternate versions of Sonic 1+2, Sonic Chaos, the Lucky Dime Caper and Shinobi 1+2 come to mind.

best games on master system have to be

rtype

psycho fox

wonderboy3 dragons trap

spellcaster(the only rpg i ever enjoyed)

shinobi

i had a master system back in the day my first console,it was a step up from the c64 i can tell you.

My first console was a game gear. Never actually had a master system. Skipped that and got mega drive. Then saturn, then dreamcast. Then when sega said they weren't making consoles anymore I cried. Then got xbox. My sister had a ps1 before I got the dreamcast so had a some games for that. Recently bought a ps2 to play them again, as well as PS2 games I'd missed out on. It's only coz of the xbox's power of emulation that I've tried any snes games. Never had a nintendo.

my list read like this

commodore 64

sega master system(dont know what happened to that)

sega megadrive(best console ever)

gameboy(best handheld ever)

game gear(didnt like)

super nintendo(import from japan)

sega saturn

ps1

dreamcast(import from japan)

gba

modded xbox(chipped,but really need to put in abigger hdd than the 30gig)

modded ps2

flashed xbox 360.

I don't know much about 360s, but flashing them with new firmware means you can run backups and imports right? Am I right that the 360 still hasn't been modded properly in terms of replacing the dashboard, running emulators and stuff?

I don't know much about 360s, but flashing them with new firmware means you can run backups and imports right? Am I right that the 360 still hasn't been modded properly in terms of replacing the dashboard, running emulators and stuff?

flashing the 360 just allows you to play backups,it dosent allow you to play imports yet.

you cannot run home brew on the 360 ie emus,the only emulator you can run is a nes emu called nescafe which plays through windows media centre and your 360 needs to be connected to your pc hardly seems worth it.

the way things are going i dont know if the 360 will ever be fully exploitable as thats been 3years since the 360 was released.

There's a gameboy advance emulator for the xbox I think. That might be interesting. I had a go on Warioland on an advance once, that was quite good.

There's a gameboy advance emulator for the xbox I think. That might be interesting. I had a go on Warioland on an advance once, that was quite good.

the gba emu is good,its called xboyadvance IIRC and you should check it out.

I got the latest version of XBoyAdvance and I'm impressed with how good the games look on a full size screen. My TV's only 14 inches, so not sure how they'd fare on a big LCD screen. One thing though is I'm having trouble getting hold of roms. There's lots of GBA games, but I can't seem to find many roms of them.

I got the latest version of XBoyAdvance and I'm impressed with how good the games look on a full size screen. My TV's only 14 inches, so not sure how they'd fare on a big LCD screen. One thing though is I'm having trouble getting hold of roms. There's lots of GBA games, but I can't seem to find many roms of them.

hint...hint :huh: