Favorite card game

I would say... mine is Tonk.

If you dont know Tonk, its a form of rummy.

http://www.pagat.com/rummy/tonk.html

It's generally best played with 3-4 people & uses 1 deck. You deal out 5 cards and then flip a card over to start the discard pile. Then leave the deck next to it. Pionts are as follows, face cards are 10, ace 1 and all other cards are face value. Appearently, if your delt hand reaches 49 or 50 points, BEFORE the game starts, you declare it and win the round. Of course there are variations overall, but I like that, and thats going into my next game!!!

Anyway, assuming no one reached 49-50 points with their hand, the actual point of the game is to run out of cards, or have the LOWEST score possible. By score, I mean the cards you are holding. First you pick a card from the deck or discard pile. Then you play accordingly. The idea, is to get rid of your cards. Point is to create or add to spreads. Book or run. So say I have 3 of a kind, Ill place them face up in front of me, then I nottice I can add to your run, so I add to it. Then I can discard a card from my hand, face up in the discard pile. And remember, if you believe fou have a low scoring hand, you can end the match, and count em up.

I usually dont end like that, I like to play the game out somewhat. I remember the games lasting a good amount of time, but after reviewing the rules, I have no idea how my games lasted so long!!! This game plays quickly each hand.

But anyway, I always liked this game.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played tonk about 2 days straight on a train from FLA to CA back when I was 18. since then I've never met anyone who knew what it was. I myself can't really remember how to play.

I played tonk about 2 days straight on a train from FLA to CA back when I was 18. since then I've never met anyone who knew what it was. I myself can't really remember how to play.

Even after I tried to list a simple set of rules?

I like the classic Klondike and Pyramid. Old Maid is fun too.

I've heard of Old Maid, but not the others.

Have you ever played UNO? I just learned about 6 months ago. That game is real real fun too! But I never had interest, until I was "forced to play" HERA!!! Just playing... lol

Hera.... My sister beat me! My sister you see, is the first one to beat me in Uno. For those like me, who had absolutely no interest in it, and don't really know what its about. You gotta try it. It IS badass. It is likely my second favorite now.

dude Uno and Skipbo are the best not standard card games ever.

I like the classic Klondike and Pyramid. Old Maid is fun too.

I've heard of Old Maid, but not the others.

Klondike and Pyramid, as in, solitaire (or for yanks, patience) card games.

ahh. I know of solitare. I immagne these to be variations then.

So... this is all I got? No one else in interested in card games? No desire to give us some input? I certainly hope many of us like card games... what else will we play when power fails us lol. D&D?

My favourite card game is Cheat.