New Eminem Album

Him, Lupe Fiasco, and Timbaland are the only hip hop/rap artists on my iPod at the moment. Although I did listen to TPain for a bit (the music got old a day or two after listening to "Church").

While I have plenty of local sources to discover rock music (of all it's genres and subgenres), I've never met a single person who was into rap or hiphop that was any good. If you got a few suggestions I'll give them a shot.

Seriously though, I've only ever met people that shout out "Daddy Yankee" when they say they like rap.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can respect him. When he was new, he blasted the scene with hotness. Flows well and highly immaginative. But I dont really care anymore. Often artists loose their flair, unfortunately. Case in point, Metallica. In their case, it was drugs and alcihol that burned out their creativity. Husks, shells of their former selves.

I often wonder what has happened to those I truly loved. Like... Wycleff. I rave even today about the Carnival album. But for "hip hop" my judjment is most severe. I am no nonsense, and I hate assholes that THINK they are the sh!t. I was on Myspace the other day, and I see the artist window at the bottom left, some asshat who I forgot his name (go figure) sayong "wut it do myspacers" WTF trying to be cool. I dont give a damn. Im sick of "tard" artists.

Ill tell you what i appreciate too, there is a program called ... scratch n' sniff. They mix together various styles. Like Biggy and Red hot chilly peppers. Just for an example. They often create something badass that way.

But back to straight plain hip hop or rap... You have to be absolutely AMAZING to get praise from me. Im sick of the nonsense. But don't think im fully impartial, I don't like alot of stuff out there in ANY genre. I hate Pop. I hate stuff on the local radio station... the one in your area that lil middle school girls listen to. LOL. You know the one, every one has at least one radio station like that.

To re-inerate. I hate EVERYONE who "tries" as opposes to just being. I can smell out those who try in anything, it rings through in everything they do, even UFC. Some people might not know what I truly mean. Just immagine, a nerd trying to be hard. lol thats what its like for most music for me.

I generally like artists that love their music, not their money. It goes hand and hand. One of my favorite, which I think some might be amazed... I Tupac. His crap was real, he had something to communicate. I dislike songs about some random girl in a club or somesuch. Blame in the Ah ah ahah ah ahcol baby! FUK THAT!

To re-inerate. I hate EVERYONE who "tries" as opposes to just being. I can smell out those who try in anything, it rings through in everything they do, even UFC. Some people might not know what I truly mean. Just immagine, a nerd trying to be hard. lol thats what its like for most music for me.

I generally like artists that love their music, not their money. It goes hand and hand. One of my favorite, which I think some might be amazed... I Tupac. His crap was real, he had something to communicate. I dislike songs about some random girl in a club or somesuch. Blame in the Ah ah ahah ah ahcol baby! FUK THAT!

Have you ever tried your ear at Alternative Hip-Hop? There's much more to Hip-Hop then women, clothes, money, cars, drugs, and violence. If you wish to dive into the Underground world of Hip-Hop, where lyrics actually mean something, let me know, and I'll give you a great list of people who aren't rhyming about having sex with strippers.

Have you ever tried your ear at Alternative Hip-Hop? There's much more to Hip-Hop then women, clothes, money, cars, drugs, and violence. If you wish to dive into the Underground world of Hip-Hop, where lyrics actually mean something, let me know, and I'll give you a great list of people who aren't rhyming about having sex with strippers.

:( Im certain you are correct sir. Ill be getting back into music after I make my move. Im leaving Florida. So once everything is set up, I'll be atempting to broaden my horrizons, which includes music. I only have like... 200 songs, and am missing a ton of stuff I liked.

Id do that same for you sir, there is alot of stuff out there that has been lost in time... that you may not know of. Its funny, how far music has come. WEre totally beyone conventional stule cycles now. One has an infinate amount of variation genras now. I remember likeing all sorts of stuff, that I run to a pen and piece of paper when they play it on the radio. "oh... I loved that song"

I give it 3 thumbs down.

Edited by Hera

THe deal was, Em was pretty jacked up mentally when he came on the scene. He was still going through alotta BS but had a vent to jus say what he wanted. Also the fact that he wasnt scared to say exactly how he felt and even at times he could sound psycho and pple loved it.

But he's paid, now spending more time with his family, and all his issues are being resolved so he doesnt have that flair to spit angry and crazy fire like he used to. ( if u listen from his 1st album to last, his lyrics gets a lil less dark....a lil)

Even though he and will smith never got along they seemed to be goin down the same path. pple loved Will Smith's raps when he first came out but his last album he was preaching too much and it was a bad album durin a time where pple no longer considered him as a rapper but just an actor.

That's totally true Shoma. When things work out, you lose the venom. I remember being so pissed off when The Distillers sold out. They were my fav girl punk band and right when they became more well known (and the fact that Brody's husband was Tim Armstrong from Rancid), their music became dull. They used to go through hellcat records and sold out to WB. Nice move. Now they pretty much don't exist.

That's totally true Shoma. When things work out, you lose the venom. I remember being so pissed off when The Distillers sold out. They were my fav girl punk band and right when they became more well known (and the fact that Brody's husband was Tim Armstrong from Rancid), their music became dull. They used to go through hellcat records and sold out to WB. Nice move. Now they pretty much don't exist.

hahah I seen the Distillers right when their first album came out in 2000. they were playing with Social D and we were not giving them any love. very few openers get any love from a social d crowd. I thought they were good though. there were only about 3 thinned out rows watching them I was right in front of Brody and seen Tim off stage. I bought that album but by the second album I thought they were played out.