New Eminem Album

So I'm hearing the new album (it's entirely on his Myspace) and I have to say I'm disappointed.

The beats are stale, posses nothing but a constant rhythm (that's representable by a straight line), and the lyrics sound like a replica of his old stuff. A horrible replica, kind of like a retarded mini-me. His words made sense before, now they're just retarded echoes of his prime (by the way, the songs over abuse the echo effect).

He sounds like he's trying to be his old self with a style of 50 added to it, and that's just not right. His ear's (and heart) for music broke. That or the youth of America has finally reached the point where my ears no longer appreciate what's main stream.

I was patient for his new stuff to come out, now I kind of wished he stayed dead.

I got to listen to it more, but that's so far my opinion of it's first listening too.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that your opinion mirrors mine exactly. I'm a typical Underground Hip-Hop head, so I'm not used to mainstream music with choruses, but when it comes to Eminem, he's one of the few exceptions.

I haven't heard the entire album, and the first three tracks on the album are unattractive, and they turned me off. I hate his stupid accent, he's focusing too much on keeping in rhythm or is flow consistent, rather than making sure that the listener can understand what he's saying. Dr. Dre is an overrated producer, and his beats in this album are stale. The choruses are a chore to listen to over and over, and I still can't believe that Marshall is still rhyming about his mother.

Old subject matter is old.

I don't care enough to sample his sh!t. I instantly assumed it was crap. Good to know I was right.

this.

but I did hear it was crappy, even from people who are fans of his.

I'm trying ever so despretaly to appreciate this album. I finally found a nugget of his classic stuff. Song is titled "Beautifull". So far to me, it's the only song worth listening off the entire album.

If you like Eminem, you have to like some decent Hip-Hop, who do you like?

or you can enjoy GREAT hip-hop, and not like eminem at all

If you like Eminem, you have to like some decent Hip-Hop, who do you like?

or you can enjoy GREAT hip-hop, and not like eminem at all

That statement is arguable, Eminem isn't amazing but he isn't garbage entirely, his first two albums are decent.