sam sung inov8 (i8510) cannot connect to PC by cable

abbabb

I've just got a new mobile, a Samsung inov8 (or i8510), however, when I used the prog PC studio 7 to connect the mobile with my PC by cable, the prog couldn't detect any device. However, when I connected the mobile to PC by bluetooth, the above prog could found my mobile.

As the mobile has 8G of internal memory, I don't want to use the low speed blue tooth connection to transfer huge amount of data. So any one could help me to connect the mobile to the PC by cable?

(PC studio 7 is the prog in the CD came with the Inov8 mobile))

You need to connect your mobile to the USB connector before install the software from CD. Then your computer should display a message “found new hard-ware” something like that. If you are using Vista then it will allocate the driver automatically from online. And in XP may be you need the CD. Then press next after you select your CD. The process will begin shortly and it will access the CD several times during installation. Sometime your computer fails to detect the driver, in this matter select the folder manually from CD, and search for the USB driver. If didn’t see any notice after connect your mobile, go to control panel open device management and press scan for hardware changes then look for your hardware name. If it’s still not appearing then check your USB cable and your USB port that connected properly. Make sure CD software it’s just work like the media manager and it will not work if your driver not install properly.

You need to connect your mobile to the USB connector before install the software from CD. Then your computer should display a message “found new hard-ware” something like that. If you are using Vista then it will allocate the driver automatically from online. And in XP may be you need the CD. Then press next after you select your CD. The process will begin shortly and it will access the CD several times during installation. Sometime your computer fails to detect the driver, in this matter select the folder manually from CD, and search for the USB driver. If didn’t see any notice after connect your mobile, go to control panel open device management and press scan for hardware changes then look for your hardware name. If it’s still not appearing then check your USB cable and your USB port that connected properly. Make sure CD software it’s just work like the media manager and it will not work if your driver not install properly.

All you said seem correct with normal devices, however, the inov8 was totally different. I could connect by cable only once and after disconnecting, there was no way to connect it again.

Yes of-course my basic instruction is for normal/common devices on earth that connect with pc via USB and I believe your Samsung i8510 is one of them. Try to search on its official website. If you think Bluetooth is slow then your phone also supports WI-FI. It has ability to transfer data in high speed.

But it is unclear to me you said that: you can't re-connect after disconnect. Why? Once drivers are installed properly then they stay permanently on your pc, no matter how many times you connect or disconnect.

Yes of-course my basic instruction is for normal/common devices on earth that connect with pc via USB and I believe your Samsung i8510 is one of them. Try to search on its official website. If you think Bluetooth is slow then your phone also supports WI-FI. It has ability to transfer data in high speed.

But it is unclear to me you said that: you can't re-connect after disconnect. Why? Once drivers are installed properly then they stay permanently on your pc, no matter how many times you connect or disconnect.

Thank you for your suggestion about wifi connection.

Actually, the I8510 is the strangest device I've got, It seem that the driver only work once. The driver for cable is named Samsung but after installation, when checked in Control panel, it name was changed to Nokia:)