psp custom firmware

I have 1.5, and i wanna know of the best custom firmware out there, also a legit download link would be nice,

I want to also be able to play ps1 games on my psp and i have a few questions,

since i have 1.5 is there just a psx emulator i could get.

If i am correct i need the ps1 game discs,

and do i need hot shots golf or any umd?

Edited by ben2dx

There is a programme call popstation it can convert your original ps1 cd to psp eboot format. Try to search on the google. I am not giving link because it’s linked to adult site. For better psp game play (the games only release for psp) I suggest to upgrade your firmware to 5.00 (m33-6) And almost all the home-brew application which commonly use are compatible with it. But some psx game freezes on this firmware ex: final fantasy 8. And only meaning of custom-firmware is play backup games from memory stick without inserting your original UMD.

is that 1.5 is custom or official? please make sure if you upgrade it to 3.52 or later then there no way to downgrade it with-out Pandora battery.

Edited by powermax

You need custom firmware to play psx games.

There another link http://dl.qj.net/POPStation-PSP-v3.1-PSP-H...26997/catid/151 I think it’s safe to visit. First thing first you must owner of the game to play a back up on your psp. May be the software can convert direct from DVD drive or you can back-up your image file on your hard drive by using a image making software, then convert it again to E-boot format by using popstation. After you finish the convert process, you can delete the original back-up because you can uncompress the E-boot to ISO format anytime.

place the E-boot on your game150 folder (cfw only).

And after 3.71M33, you can update to subsequent CFW thru the network update, right?

Yes all M-33 firmware allows user to do update from their own network. I did mine 3.71-m33 to 5.00-m33-6. 5.00xxx is good for PSP release games, some homebrew gives error but still possible to run however.