BannerBomb

Robert

Has anybody tried a PAL game on their NTSC Wii yet?

I tried it for Sonic / Mario Olympic games, (I got a PAL), the game loads up, gets to the title menu, then it says "Wii can't read game, read instruction manual".

Is that because of the PAL or something else?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you install the regionfrii version of gamma loader?

it seems the same to me. the only slow down I have seen was with Mario Galaxy during the opening cut scene it was stuttering. but I don't know if that is due to the mod or maybe a suspect disc or bad burn. play wise its great.

oh. I havent read the readme yet. But... do you need a game to do this, like using an exploit? just curious. I'll be getting the hell ofta dodge, and soon enough there will be a wii in my grispers. I hope they let me mod theirs. Any risk? Bricking or whatever. I mean I couuuuuuuuuuuuld read the material. But.... nahhh.

no game needed to do the mod.

as for risk of bricking I guess there is always a risk but I haven't heard of anything.

did you install the regionfrii version of gamma loader?

Yes sir, that was my first attempt, then I went ahead and tried all the different regions that you included in the file. Other than that, the only other thing for me to try are DVD-'s, before I had updated the booksetting of a DVD+ to that. The only game I've manage to get to work using DVD+'s is the Legend Of Zelda Four Swords using a GC Loader (that took a while to find).