Found some stuff

My neighbour was throwing out a pile of stuff, so I had a look through it.

Picked up a gameboy+game, plus a Gamecube+game.

The gameboy game is called F1 Race, right now I don't have batteries for it, so don't know if it works.

The Gamecube came with a power supply, one game called "Pokemon Coloseum", and the connector to the TV, but no controller. Plugged it in, and it works perfectly! Can't play of course.

Is the controller still available? Or is there something else that might plug in?

What sort of things have you found?

sweet scores! I'm sure you can still get GC controllers. maybe have to go the local used game store, amazon or ebay route.

what version of the gameboy is it? color or one of those old fat ones?

I never find anything but then I am not usually looking. My mom is always coming up from stuff people throw away. she is always grabbing PCs and fixing them up then selling them for cheap to people she knows in her apartments. She got one of those old style rear projection TVs, it was like 56 or 60 inches. freakin' huge. She traded it for one of those adjustable beds.

Summer time is great because thats when all the garage sales are out and people throw away their "useless junk". One man's junk is another man's treasure.

Hopefully I'll do some hunting within the next few months and pick up some retro games.

It probably uses one of the gamebits, I know the original carts do.

Easiest way without forking out money for a bit you're unlikely to ever use again, is to take an empty Bic pen and melt the plastic. Then you push it over the screw to form it to the screw, it should last long enough for you to open this thing and put it back together.

http://wiki.nintendo-scene.com/Gamebit