Board Games

Hera

Ice Man, Hero quest was an awesome board game. I used to love playing as the wizard. I enjoyed playing the imitation Hero Quest board game called Dark World as well.

Sometimes, when I used to play Hero Quest with my friends, I would play as a Chaos Warrior - a bad guy you weren't supposed to play with, an NPC of sorts. But I'd make up some stats and strengths and weaknesses for him, and off I'd go.

We bought all the expansion packs for the game as well.

I purchased Space Crusade a few years later. It was good, but not as good as Hero Quest, IMO, because it focussed just on the action and didn't have the exploratory "seek and discover" element that Hero Quest had. No searching through drawers and no looting of crypts in Space Crusade - just shooting.

Still, Space Crusade was a decent board game, if anything just for the cool looking miniatures. The Dreadnaught looked awesome!

Ones I have stated are cool. Chess is still amazing. But... The board game of the ages, is D&D. Maybee that doesnt count? but whatever. I have only played a handfull of times... if that even. But I tell you, Krosigrim beat some ass last Sunday. Natural 20, extra d6 damage and and extra basic attack. Pow "action point" Bam, Wild cleave.

Ice Man, Hero quest was an awesome board game. I used to love playing as the wizard. I enjoyed playing the imitation Hero Quest board game called Dark World as well.

Sometimes, when I used to play Hero Quest with my friends, I would play as a Chaos Warrior - a bad guy you weren't supposed to play with, an NPC of sorts. But I'd make up some stats and strengths and weaknesses for him, and off I'd go.

We bought all the expansion packs for the game as well.

So did my parents. Also never used of course. I have no idea why they bought a game like that for my sister anyway. I could understand if they'd bought it for me coz I'm a guy. I think I'll claim it as my own since my sister doesn't live here anymore. Wierd when I think of it now, a board game with expansion packs.

I've never played D&D, only D&D based computer games like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. But I like Diablo better. I like to repeatedly click things to slash them to death. I like Elder Scrolls too of course, but like the Fallouts better. I'm not too heavily into fantasy rpg overall. I've played the two Capcom D&D sidescrollers of course, but they don't really count, despite the official branding.

Back to board games. I like chess also, but I'm not very good.