Board Games

Hera

hahah..so I like to keep tabs on the AVGN (I think he's cute) and I noticed he did a review on the board game DragonStrike. Not many people around here ever played it. I played it a few times with my cousin and it's just as ridiculous now as it was long ago. Especially that video that came with it. Check it:

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=1169

What board games did/do you guys enjoy?

In his board game reviews, he is not AVGN, he is Bored James.

Board James. Yes he is. I said AVGN for people to know who I was talking about.....

Escape from Atlantis, Mouse Trap, Shark Attack, Dizzy Dizzy Dinosaur.

Clue, Life, Monoply, Risk, Scrabble, Sorry - The only games ever played in my house all throughout my childhood, we still play some of them today.

But I do like his board game reviews, even though he ripped of SpoonieOne...

Of course, Cluedo, how could I forget that? The little dagger in the one I have is so sharp it could have your eye out. Don't play the sucky new version though. They changed the weapons, changed the rooms, and made it so that as well as Dr. Black being killed, one of the players can be killed too thanks to the new cards they introduced. So if you get killed and it turns out you're the murderer, that means you committed a murder suicide. How stupid is that?

Edited by The-Ice-Man

Chess, go, Settlers of Catan. Mostly chess though.

INDEED Chess is THE best

Clue, Life, Monoply, Risk, Scrabble, Sorry - The only games ever played in my house all throughout my childhood, we still play some of them today.

But I do like his board game reviews, even though he ripped of SpoonieOne...

Clue is cool. I played with Hera and her husband a few times. I got pretty lucky and beat them ALL. Mu hah hahahaha. I got pretty lucky, mixed with reading them properly. Scrabble IS good, but I am a horrable speller. lol. I dont care for Monoply, but Risk was great.

Ya know, I was lucky, I only played risk once, and won. Learned to play Uno with Hera and her husband, won all my games, by luck, and played Clue a few time with them too, which I recall winning them all. I dont know if they'll ever want to play me again lol. Yea right, You'll be seeking revenge Hera, I know it!

If only we can get card and board games to the site. Card games sure, but board games would be tough, with copyrights and all.

Anyone ever played a game called Hero Quest? It's sort of a dugeons and dragons type game, with little figurines of players and monsters, and a dice and cards for attacks.

My parents bought it oddly enough for my sister many years ago. They said that the game was complicated and that they'd have to read the instructions and then tell us how to play.

Skip forward a decade or so, and they never read the instructions, the game never got played, and the intructions were lost. I decided years later that I wanted to know how to play it, so I wrote to the game's manufacturer, and asked if they could send me a copy of the instructions. And they did.

So I read them and learned how to play. I then asked my mum and my sister and her boyfriend at the time if they wanted to play, but after I explained how to play they all said it sounded too complicated, and to this day the game has sat in my sister's old wardrobe, never played.

The original instructions were then found in my dad's wardrobe drawer. So, if anyone has played hero quest, please do tell if it's cool.